Hog and deer feeder.

If you are setting up feeders in an area that Black Bear live in, Or Black Bear are known to travel through the area, Only the cable between 2 trees with a pulley in the middle, For the feeder suspending cable is safe. You want the motor assembly of the feeder 10 ft. or more off the ground. A large Black bear can reach up 8 ft. + standing on his hind legs.

When it comes to obtaining food a Black Bear is a regular forest bandit.

For the pigs go to Wally world get some powdered fruit punch drink mix and add to corn and pour it on the ground. For the deer we use 55 gallon metal drums with gravity feeders and silicon between the legs and drum to prevent leaks and fill with protein pellets. We haven't had any issues with pigs messing with the protein pellets
I am part of a group of six avid hog hunters in south Texas. We enjoy hunting feeders at night and have been doing it for years. We aren't the thermal guys who shoot 20 pigs in a field. We are usually taking one pig per feeder per night and harvesting the meat if appropriate. We have tried all of the 'magic potions' you can imagine including the powdered mixes. We all agree that the most effective way to get the hogs to come on in to a baited area is to spread a half bag of plain deer corn. If there are hogs in the area, they CAN smell it and will not hesitate. Cherry, Strawberry, fruit punch, beer, fermentation, etc... will NOT increase your chance of success. We can all attest to that. In fact, we believe that unusual, foreign smells probably keep the smarter 'large' hogs at bay to some extent.

I am part of a group of six avid hog hunters in south Texas. We enjoy hunting feeders at night and have been doing it for years. We aren't the thermal guys who shoot 20 pigs in a field. We are usually taking one pig per feeder per night and harvesting the meat if appropriate. We have tried all of the 'magic potions' you can imagine including the powdered mixes. We all agree that the most effective way to get the hogs to come on in to a baited area is to spread a half bag of plain deer corn. If there are hogs in the area, they CAN smell it and will not hesitate. Cherry, Strawberry, fruit punch, beer, fermentation, etc... will NOT increase your chance of success. We can all attest to that. In fact, we believe that unusual, foreign smells probably keep the smarter 'large' hogs at bay to some extent.
Yeah that just seems work for us but we're not just out looking to take a small amount we want them eradicated off our property. I have had guys say that they've used rotting potatoes, have you ever used those in any success?

Yeah that just seems work for us but we're not just out looking to take a small amount we want them eradicated off our property. I have had guys say that they've used rotting potatoes, have you ever used those in any success?
Never tried potatoes. With plain corn, I can get an entire sounder at the feeder. We choose to only take one hog per feeder per night to harvest meat. Eradicating the sounder would take a large trap or semi auto and thermal over a period of time. This is a video under one of my Hogfader lights in infrared. Video was captured with my ATN X Sight II scope.. I spread 1/2 bag of corn under the light and had the whole sounder there for an hour, the first night.. they ate their fill. The feeder spun, but they came right back.

Never tried potatoes. With plain corn, I can get an entire sounder at the feeder. We choose to only take one hog per feeder per night to harvest meat. Eradicating the sounder would take a large trap or semi auto and thermal over a period of time. This is a video under one of my Hogfader lights in infrared. Video was captured with my ATN X Sight II scope.. I spread 1/2 bag of corn under the light and had the whole sounder there for an hour, the first night.. they ate their fill. The feeder spun, but they came right back.

Nice video. Yes typically I do run a thermal on an AR-15 and what I don't eat myself we end up donating to the food banks. Unfortunately we will never get rid of all of our pigs