His AR15 blew up

Most likely scenario is he mixed in a .300 Blackout round with his .223/5.56 ammo and...kaboom. Happens far too often. Then it's always "no way did I do that". But...let's see the empty case. Well looky there....300 BO.

It doesn't help that people cut down .223 cases to make .300 Blackout cases so the headstamp even says .223 making it just that much easier to make a mistake of putting a .300 AAC BO round into a .223 magazine without noticing. And when they get the bolt open after the destruction, the case may even say .223 on the headstamp (if it is still readable) but it was a .300 BO round in a .223 case. It makes it so easy for people to blame the gun or "factory" ammo when it was "user error". We're all human (even weirdos that dress up and play commando on Youtube.) Mistakes happen. Gotta be REAL CAREFUL if you own both a .223/5.56 gun and a .300 AAC Blackout gun.
This is the main reason I won't get a .300 BO. Definitely wouldn't take both too the range at the same time. Separate mag types, (maybe pmag for .300 and aluminum for 5.56) would be a bad idea either.

Hey, does any know who this guy is or if he can be contacted to ask the question as to how it happened? It would seem like there is some way he can be contacted... perhaps through POF I'd be surprised if he didn't give them a call, seeing how he showed their weapon. Just a thought... 🤔 Cheers
Tag.

Definitely good advice to double-check your gear and ammo. Even with safety measures, things can go wrong quickly. Glad the guy in the video was okay—just goes to show how crucial it is to stay alert and ensure everything's working properly.
I once had a minor scare at the range when my AR15 had some feeding issues. It turned out to be a bad batch of ammo, and thankfully, no harm was done. I had a binary trigger ar15 installed at the time, and it really made me appreciate the importance of keeping everything in top shape.Definitely good advice to double-check your gear and ammo. Even with safety measures, things can go wrong quickly. Glad the guy in the video was okay—just goes to show how crucial it is to stay alert and ensure everything's working properly.