Help with 6 ARC Build

Jaging547

6ARC Fresh Build

This is my first AR build, so please forgive any ignorance or things I miss..

I'm looking at building a 6ARC for hunting mostly 200 and in whitetail, and likely
Would be sub 100 yards. I like the flex of the cartridge and in the event I did have a longer shot, nice to have.

Here's what I'm thinking. Could even be some major missed, I'm open to all suggestions.

AERO M4E1 Assembled receiver set
AERO hand guard (not sure about this)
Radian Raptor-SD
Proof Barrel (leaning toward 18, but open to 16 or 12.5)
LaRue Tactical MBT-2S
Superlative Arms Adjustable Gas block
Magpul MOE-K2 grip
Magpul SL stock
Diligent Defense Enticer S-Ti

I went with an 18 inch barrel on mine.
IMG_4044.jpeg

I am a big fan of the triggertech diamond trigger in mine, and I found that the E-Lander magazines were the most reliable. Consider a JP bolt as well.

20240204_211243.jpg

Aero m4e1 upper and lower set
Aero bolt carrier and bolt
Aero adjustable gas block
Ade honeycomb 17" handguard with the end id opened up to fit over a silencerco harvester.
Tactical kinetics 16.25 barrel
Fab defense gl core stock
Timber creek orange hardware
Rise armament blitz trigger
Amend2 magazine with limiter for hunting
Lapped the upper and used Permatex sleeve retainer to mate the extension to the upper.

This was a bet against a buddy with a $3000 "custom." Half the price and the same accuracy. Even with the orange anodized parts I'm at $1250-1500 and on a good day it'll out shoot his all day long.
It'll shoot 1/2-3/4 moa consistently with Hornady Precision Hunter ammo.

I wouldn't go shorter than 18", I have both and 18" proof and 20" proof. I shoot the 108 EH at about 2600 with a case full of lever in the 20". I hate that powder. Factory ELd match was 2550 in my 18", the 20" and 18" barrels were almost identical in speed

I wouldn't go shorter than 18", I have both and 18" proof and 20" proof. I shoot the 108 EH at about 2600 with a case full of lever in the 20". I hate that powder. Factory ELd match was 2550 in my 18", the 20" and 18" barrels were almost identical in speed
Why do you hate leverevolution powder? I have one or two others but have not tried them yet and what powder are you using? Also, I'm shooting 75 grain bullets for coyotes.

Personally I have found Varget to be the most consistent over a wide temp range. I got higher velocities out of Lever and CFE, however both of those produced larger group sizes, higher SD and ES. That is just my experience, I know another individual who is solely running level and he loves it.

Why do you hate leverevolution powder? I have one or two others but have not tried them yet and what powder are you using? Also, I'm shooting 75 grain bullets for coyotes.

It's very dirty and crazy temp sensitive. I use it just for varmint hunting in the summer where I have consistent temps, +- 15 degrees. Other than that I use varget and lose almost 150 fps with 105+ grain bullets.

It's very dirty and crazy temp sensitive. I use it just for varmint hunting in the summer where I have consistent temps, +- 15 degrees. Other than that I use varget and lose almost 150 fps with 105+ grain bullets.
I've got some Varget and some CFE 223 that I was going to try.

I put an Odinworks 21" heavy barrel on mine. It is heavy, weighing right at 10lbs complete, but man, it shoots. It shoots Hornady Precision Hunter ammo so well that I've never bought dies to reload for it.

My 12yr old and I built an 6mm ARC upper last year. It is a great gun. For 200yrds and under you don't need all the bling stuff, but build what you want.

We built it at 18" which I like, but with additlng a can now, I might have built a 16" gun in hind sight.

We used an Aero upper, a member here built him a barrel, superlative gas block, and a friend gave him an carbon handguard he didn't use.

It will shoot MOA or so depending on the load, but I have had it at 500 yards without issues. I will probably build another with a lighter weight barrel profile and in a 16" gun. I am also looking at doing one in a bolt gun.

Recent Posts