Help picking Binoculars

I have the Swaro 10x32 NL Pure. The glass is just amazing. It is light enough to not be a burden and I don't feel that I am losing more than 10 minutes of twilight with the 10x42 NL Pure. Compared to any other mfg, I feel these can easily compete with the light gathering of any 42mm while also providing superior clarity. I was fortunate enough to compare directly (abet during mid-day) with Zeiss and Vortex at Europtic when I made my purchase.
I looked at one pair of Zeiss. For the price point, they were right on with other top tier glass at a similar price.

In the end, I purchased the EL's as I couldn't justify an extra 1K on what I perceived as a small but noticeable improvement, choosing instead to upgrade some other equipment with the savings.
That's usually the case with higher end glass.
50% more in price does NOT usually get you 50% more optical superiority.

Around the $2000 msrp, I cant really tell the difference anymore with out spending months behind the glass.

Last edited:
Tim, I understand your decision but I still want to share my choices as others may benefit.

Being a LR competitor for the past 15 yrs as well as hunter I want it all. For years I ran my beloved Zeiss 10x42 B's. Loved them to death. In conjunction ran first, the Leica 1600 then 1600B LRF. Got tired of carrying and swapping between the two so got my first pair of Geovid HD-B's. Great unit and gave me both German glass and the ability to use the onboard ballistic solver taking 3 elk over 800 yds. Moved to the Geovid 3200.com. I hated the 18" bluetooth range. Quoted as being 24". Ran into Hamilton Boykin of Leica last year at the Salt Lake Hunt Expo. "We need to talk", he said. I'm in heaven! Got the Geovid 10x32 Pro's. For 7+ years for the HD-B and 2 years for the 3200.com's I ran 10x42's. Just lived with the size and weight, not knowing any better. The smaller/lighter 10x32's are my cat's meow! Getting older and fatter I hike less and sit more; days and days.....pre sunrise to post sunset, I glass and glass and glass; I do not feel handicapped with the smaller 32's. I don't just use any of these i've mentioned during scouting/hunting season but rather weekly, year round because I compete year round; PRS, NRL, NRL Hunter, NRL22, NRL22X. If something is going to go wrong it sure isn't happening on my watch.

The 3200.com would/could take 30-60 seconds to reconnect to my Kestrel 5700 after loosing the 18" signal. The Pro's take 1-2 seconds. During an NRL Hunter match 2 months back i'd be walking around and my Kestrel would go to sleep, as it should to save battery. I'd forget to start it before a COF would start. I'd run up to the shooting position, start glassing and hit my range button and realize my Kestrel had gone to sleep. I hit the Kestrel power button, drop it back in my pocket and it would wake up. Hit the Pro's power button and it bluetoothed in 1 second. Hit the range button and i'd have dope and wind in another second. When doing this with 1, 2 or 4 individual targets you need a unit which will be there for you ALL THE TIME; no excuses 'cause the clock's ticking!

Last Fall, buck at 588 and cow at 633. Was loosing light with the buck and the cow was about to cross back onto private property. I needed dope and wind....NOW!! No time to put the bino's away and pull out the stand alone LRF. Both times the Pro/Kestrel 5700 combo would bluetooth and give me dope/wind pronto!!!

Alan

Looking to purchase some new binoculars for western hunting. I believe I have narrowed it down to 8x42, 10x42, or 10x50. Looking at Swarovsky, Leica, and other European glass. Not tied to a particular brand. Looking for something to wear in a chest harness and compliment my 85mm Razor spotter. I'm leaning toward the 10x42 as they are slightly smaller and lighter. I figure they could be used initially at a new spot and as I travel, even using on a tripod with a qd to quickly switch to the spotter. Is there a decided advantage to a larger objective or lower power given my stated usage.

Also in the Swarovsky line, is the upgrade to the NL Pure worth it? Have heard many prefer the SLC over the EL due to "rolling" around the edges when panning?

Thanks for any and all help.
Rolling on the edge in a EL is odd. EL has field flattening tech and I'd take my EL over slc any day. I also prefer them over Leica slightly but I run the 3200's due to the ballistic lrf. If just wanting top
Tier glass I'd do the nl. If swaro ever gets their act together on a good ballistic program with extended shoot to range in a NL, that's where I'd go. For now, my leica makes me dang happy.

Seen alot of great reviews on the meopta Binoculars as well. Oh, the agony of first world decisions. Lol
Here ya go... I'll help!🧐
I also use the Meopta Meostars and see no need to buy anything different... and I live "out West" and use them scouting, shed hunting, and hunting regularly. They are in a chest pack on my dresser as I write this, lol. (bear season here)
Good glass!
If you happen to be Mil/LEO Meopta and some others offer nice discounts.

For what you described I can't think of a better use for the 10x32 NL Pures. Smaller than some of those listed, phenomenal glass and field of view!
I bought my wife a pair of 10x32 ELs right before Swaro announced the NLs. I really like the size of the 10x32s and find myself borrowing them. They work great off the RRS tripod with the Cinch clamp.

I still love my 12x50 ELs, but those little 32mm objective ELs carry and spot game so well.