Help on necking down

Did you mean 270 Win? You can take 30/06, 7mm, and 270 and reduce the neck size to fit the 25/06. Infact I have a few 25/06's or my sons do. So I used different head stamps cases to identify which case to who's rifle. Use lube to do the reduction of necks, and may take a couple of steps to acheive the reducing the neck size. You may want to get a bushing sizing die or two and set up with bushing to do you neck work. Having a 2nd die cut down on changing bushing and set up.
Thanks Tribb

270 brass will work easily like resizing 25-06. Where I found an issue was necking down new freshly annealed 30-06 brass (sig Sauer brand). It was too much of a step and I ended up running it into 7mm mag die to eas into necking it down in two steps.
Great idea thanks

Great idea thanks
I do a lot of reduction of necks. I have change 300 WM to 308 NM, 300 WM to 338 WM, 280AI to 6mm/280AI's. Some take me four steps to get it done. That's why I lend to to using additional bushing dies so I don't have to change out bushing. Depending what type of press your using. Either rotate the plate or change out the die.
I do a lot more work to my cases that's not mention here.
There been lots of discussion in setting up your cases. I go to the far end of the work on cases to start with. I have change for sure to better grade of rifle cases.
My biggest problem presently I have been without my reloading place to do the work. I am just about to finish my reloading shack. I'll be one happy person when I get it done.
Having to travel around the country hasn't help one bit. Having to depend on others, becasue I am not totally stable on my feet any longer, cause me the problems too. I am a carpenter by trade. so the build wasn't a problem it's my mobility. 😁:( I don't like it, but that life.

An easy in-between way to step down the neck is to use a seater die with the stem removed. Then go to the 25-06 FL die.

I do a lot of reduction of necks. I have change 300 WM to 308 NM, 300 WM to 338 WM, 280AI to 6mm/280AI's. Some take me four steps to get it done. That's why I lend to to using additional bushing dies so I don't have to change out bushing. Depending what type of press your using. Either rotate the plate or change out the die.
I do a lot more work to my cases that's not mention here.
There been lots of discussion in setting up your cases. I go to the far end of the work on cases to start with. I have change for sure to better grade of rifle cases.
My biggest problem presently I have been without my reloading place to do the work. I am just about to finish my reloading shack. I'll be one happy person when I get it done.
Having to travel around the country hasn't help one bit. Having to depend on others, becasue I am not totally stable on my feet any longer, cause me the problems too. I am a carpenter by trade. so the build wasn't a problem it's my mobility. 😁:( I don't like it, but that life.
I can fully appreciate your situation sir Tribb