Help - 30 Nosler build

Would love to see a something over 2900 with Ramshot Magnum or Retumbo. Otherwise I think my powder stash is more suited to the 215's (N560, H1000)

If you really want to run that bullet and those powders you should look at the 338 RUM case. I think it's called the 300 Wheeler. It's a perfect match for those big heavy 30's.

Kris

A slight update….

After talking with a couple guys, I decided that since my barrel is a 1-9, I am going with the 245gr LRHT.

I brought 3 pieces of brass, 3 bullets and my die set to my gunsmith and we decided we were going to add .230 fb and he was going to match the chamber to a fired round. He was going to add .02" to the chamber so when I FL size the brass with the provided dies it will provide the proper shoulder bump.

If I cannot achieve effective velocity with the 245's I will revert back to the 215's.

It will be a bit till the rifle is complete and I'm patiently waiting.

Will keep you all updated when it comes in.
How's the rifle build coming along? Any update?

How's the rifle build coming along? Any update?
I think you will be happy with your 30 nosler I have had 5 of them 3 of them custom build and I found out that the 210 and the 205 Berger's shoot better than anything that I shot in mine we had the 210,S running around 3100 using retumbo powder and the 205 just a little more and I never had to shoot an elk or moose more than one shot good luck on your build and joy shooting it ,

I think you will be happy with your 30 nosler I have had 5 of them 3 of them custom build and I found out that the 210 and the 205 Berger's shoot better than anything that I shot in mine we had the 210,S running around 3100 using retumbo powder and the 205 just a little more and I never had to shoot an elk or moose more than one shot good luck on your build and joy shooting it ,
I'm having mine done with .230 FB. Plan to shoot 245 or 215 Berger's with N570