Hello from Seattle suburbia

ObiJohn

Hello everyone. Just stumbled across this site looking for information on pre-64 Winchester M70s.

I'm a semi-retired long time hunter and shooter... everything from grey squirrels to elk, quail to goose, smallbore 4-position to silhouette to IPSC to trap and skeet to high power match shooting. I like shooting at longer ranges, and am decent at it... but a man has to know his own limitations.

I love accurate rifles and handguns. I'm a huge Winchester M70 fan, and like controlled-round feed bolt actions (M70s, Mausers, Kimbers, etc.) and single shots (Rugers, Winchesters, Martinis). I like everything rimfire, and the Hornets (.22, .17), .243 Winchesters, and the '06, but have many rifles in other calibers... probably too many. The new trend of short-for-caliber cartridges with long-for-caliber bullets (6 GT, 6.5 PRC, 6.8 Western, 7 PRC, etc.) has really grabbed my attention. As I get older, I find I enjoy stalking, the single well-placed shot, and accurate, flat-shooting rifles.

Looking forward to learning from you all and contributing where I can.

Hello everyone. Just stumbled across this site looking for information on pre-64 Winchester M70s.

I'm a semi-retired long time hunter and shooter... everything from grey squirrels to elk, quail to goose, smallbore 4-position to silhouette to IPSC to trap and skeet to high power match shooting. I like shooting at longer ranges, and am decent at it... but a man has to know his own limitations.

I love accurate rifles and handguns. I'm a huge Winchester M70 fan, and like controlled-round feed bolt actions (M70s, Mausers, Kimbers, etc.) and single shots (Rugers, Winchesters, Martinis). I like everything rimfire, and the Hornets (.22, .17), .243 Winchesters, and the '06, but have many rifles in other calibers... probably too many. The new trend of short-for-caliber cartridges with long-for-caliber bullets (6 GT, 6.5 PRC, 6.8 Western, 7 PRC, etc.) has really grabbed my attention. As I get older, I find I enjoy stalking, the single well-placed shot, and accurate, flat-shooting rifles.

Looking forward to learning from you all and contributing where I can.
Welcome to LRH, and enjoy! From your list, I have a Carl Gustaf 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser, Kimber 84L in .30-06 that I have re-chambered to .30 Gibbs, Ruger No.1 in .243 Win, and Ruger M77 MKIIs in 7MM SAUM and .338 WM, for an icebreaker.

Welcome from upstate New York, the southeast corner of Lake Ontario.

The other New York.

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpeg
    IMG_0381.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 4