Hearing protection advice

When you specify "custom molded" I think you are busting your budget. I doubt you'll find custom for under $150.
The first reply gave an option that is under $20.

Last edited:
I love my decibullz hunting ear plugs.
When you specify "custom molded" I think you are busting your budget. I doubt you'll find custom for under $150.
Personally I will go down to the craft store, they have a two part modeling putty (usually yellow color), a little vaseline on a Q- Tip swab the ears. Then mix the two part putty, throughly, then slowly push in to your ear. Get a small piece of bent wire with a loop in it, to tie a twine to at the end of the process. Insert the hooked wire into the putty about a 1/4" while putty is plyable. Let set in ear 15 min then remove.

Made up about 4-5 sets, one in the console, one in each pack or gun case or bag. That way I can not forget them.

PS the putty kit is about $35 dollars. Putty is very similar to the density of that of the professional custom sets. Been using these for about 15 years lose them from time to time just make another pair. Shoot skeet quite a bit, use these under the muffs when at indoor ranges.

Should be well with-in your 150 dollar budget.

Personally I will go down to the craft store, they have a two part modeling putty (usually yellow color), a little vaseline on a Q- Tip swab the ears. Then mix the two part putty, throughly, then slowly push in to your ear. Get a small piece of bent wire with a loop in it, to tie a twine to at the end of the process. Insert the hooked wire into the putty about a 1/4" while putty is plyable. Let set in ear 15 min then remove.

Made up about 4-5 sets, one in the console, one in each pack or gun case or bag. That way I can not forget them.

PS the putty kit is about $35 dollars. Putty is very similar to the density of that of the professional custom sets. Been using these for about 15 years lose them from time to time just make another pair. Shoot skeet quite a bit, use these under the muffs when at indoor ranges.

I am looking for input on who makes the best custom molded percussive hearing protection with a budget of $150 or less

This is the best I have used. It's definitely over budget but can be muted or amplified sounds. Wear them hunting and matches and worked great. Love that u can hear people talking and have hearing protection together

Attachments

• IMG_6807.png
    IMG_6807.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 196