Has anyone tried the Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Charge Powder Dispenser?

Might want to use the Auto Chargers calibration weights on the mechanical scale and the Auto Charger and see which one weighs the calibration weight accurately.

That's a good idea, but the calibration weighs are in grams, not grains. Even the 10 gram weight will max my beam scale out. So I picked up a washer laying there and weighed it on both.

Auto charge - 37.6 grains
Beam--------- 37.4 grains

I'm pretty sure my beam scale is not real accurate. It's a cheap one. Lee safety scale.

Both my digital scales started to drift. I noticed the Hornady autopowder dropper was throwing inconsistent charges and then started comparing it to an RCBS digital scale. I would calibrate each and then compare the weights of the charges produced by the Hornady with weights measured on the regular RCBS digital powder scale. Every 5 minutes or so one of the two digital scales would drift off and have to be recalibrated. This was very frustrating. I guess maybe I need to send the Hornady autodropper back and have it checked out.

Now I'm using a Harrels culver measure to throw charges (its fast) and then trickle on the GEM Pro 250.

So far I have not observed the GEM Pro to drift or be effected by LED or florescent lights or small changes in temperature like the regular digital powder scales. I do leave it on all the time as it requires a long time to come up to temperature and stabilize.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.