Has anyone experienced burn out due to shift work and night shift?

3 years ago I switched into a rotating day/night shift schedule for a increase in pay.

The days are long. I leave the house at 5 am and get home at 7 pm. I only do nights once a month but it is for a 7 night stretch.

Over the last few years I have started to notice that I don't get as excited for my hobbies or hunting trips. For example packing for a long trip seems like a daunting challenge now and the effort involved is overwhelming. I remember years ago I packed weeks in advance just on pure excitement for the trip.

So I am wondering if this could be possible burn out from the job or just getting older and not enjoying the same things in life?

I have never been a quitter and always ran with mindset of "never quit" "tough it out other people work the same shift"

Also has anyone took a reduction in pay for a better work to life balance and regretted it?
Might want to have your testosterone and vitamin D levels checked. You may also need to have a sleep study done. Regular physical exercise helps also. Take a beer walk around the block with the wife when you get home......it helps and she'll love it.

Here's a different way to look at it....

I don't get paid to do a job.....I get paid to be away from my family and hobbies. Therefore I chase that dollar and try to maximize the amount of money I'm earning for every hour I'm away from my family. I've also worked 2nd shift for almost 15 years.

Unfortunately those bills you have to pay don't give a $$it if you are burnt out and they aren't going to stop coming in. That's life for most of us working class folks in this current economy. It's more difficult for me to enjoy a trip to deer camp that once cost $100 and now costs nearly $250 while essentially making 6% less than I did before the PLANdemic.

Head down and 10 toes moving forward buddy! You aint alone in how your feeling

Been on one form of night shift or another for over 18 years . When I started it was supposed to be a 6am to 230 shift . That quickly went to 2am to 230 5 days a week plus a 10 hour Saturday and a 11 Sunday. Now it's a midnight to 1230 in the afternoon 5 days a week plus Saturday for 10 and Sunday for 11 . So I'm usually 82-83 hours a week . It's definitely a burner!!
I've been telling my wife I can't keep this up . There are alot of medical issues that come with this kind of schedule.
The money is great but it definitely has costs . The time lost at home ,or with friends, or even just time for yourself .

Been on one form of night shift or another for over 18 years . When I started it was supposed to be a 6am to 230 shift . That quickly went to 2am to 230 5 days a week plus a 10 hour Saturday and a 11 Sunday. Now it's a midnight to 1230 in the afternoon 5 days a week plus Saturday for 10 and Sunday for 11 . So I'm usually 82-83 hours a week . It's definitely a burner!!
I've been telling my wife I can't keep this up . There are alot of medical issues that come with this kind of schedule.
The money is great but it definitely has costs . The time lost at home ,or with friends, or even just time for yourself .
I did the same as you are doing. And if I could do it over. I would sooner have my time back. Because the money came and gone. And I have no frickin idea where it went. Some went to good times. But most went to the Govt. I made $20.00 more on my check working 80 hrs plus than if I had worked 60 hrs. Talk about a kick in the face.