Hard case recommendations

I have 2 Pelican style cases that are rock solid. One Boyt and the other a Cabela's brand but look exactly alike. Beware that the case alone weights 26 lbs. but they offer great protection.

Hey, I've been using a tuff pack for close to 20 years. Great thing about it is that it doesn't look like a gun case. It fits the OP's criteria just fine and you can add boots, etc until you get it to 50 Lbs.
Take Care
That is almost exactly what I have been looking for. Having a travel gun case that doesn't look look like a gun case. Can pack multiple guns and stabilize with hunting clothes. Thanks

A buddy has a double case for sale that he used for his benchrest guns. Its the big Pelican. $150 pls shipping and its yours....

I have a double SKB that has served me well over the years. It is more thick than wide which makes it easier to store and place in cars better. It is a stacking model with a removable foam divider to separate two long guns. I like that feature especially when traveling with one firearm. The other side can be used to store gear but hold it in place. It uses older key locks but that's tue only knock I have against it and would improve.

I like Pelican cases too and have multiple handgun cases. I would choose which features I like better between the SKB and Pelican then go with it. Either are a great choice.

I will second the Tuffpak, Enough room to pack 2 or more guns, equipment, etc. I usually put my gun in a soft case, pack my other stuff and then pack my sleeping bag around it till i get to either 49.5 lbs, or 69.5 lbs depending on which class and airline i am flying. I have traveled with full bottles of wine in there along with my ammo, knives, and clothing. If i am driving somewhere, then i use my pelican, but its way to heavy to fly with( ie i take alot of stuff with me)....Check them out!!

Do you have any dislikes about pelicans?
Unfortunately not about the case but about a face to face at SHOT.
We have at any time a dozen large hard cases and purchase on a continuing bases. We started with Pelican. All of the Pelicans are gone. Cases were being damaged during flights or shipments. Especially the hinges. While at SHOT we approached the Pelican booth and inquired about replacement handles and pins.... The lesson: We have not bought a Pelican of any kind since. The representative wanted absolutely nothing to do with us or even have a five word conversation. We got a solid "no" to the question of replacement parts and that was it. Not another word was offered. Actually that was his whole conversation, beginning, middle, and end. He looked forward like we were bugs on the ground and totally dismissed us. A bit shocked I was. Plus if spare parts are not truly available.. that would be a problem.
Person to person is todays final grade when dealing with a problem, questions, concerns, even a simple conversation- after all its SHOT. I do not blame Pelican for TSA launching rifle cases (which they do) but being even a bit civil would go a long way and in this case lost a customer forever. This is not an email, text, some salesman in some store... this is an employee telling a customer/Owner to hike on down the road. I bought 5cases at that show from another competitor..
Not so much about Pelican-- I think we can all agree that good service is becoming a rare commodity-- but it is the final face. I won't disparage a product, which I overall think is good, in this case its to make sure your representation is always representing your company to the highest levels.

We have at any time a dozen large hard cases and purchase on a continuing bases. We started with Pelican. All of the Pelicans are gone. Cases were being damaged during flights or shipments. Especially the hinges. While at SHOT we approached the Pelican booth and inquired about replacement handles and pins.... The lesson: We have not bought a Pelican of any kind since. The representative wanted absolutely nothing to do with us or even have a five word conversation. We got a solid "no" to the question of replacement parts and that was it. Not another word was offered. Actually that was his whole conversation, beginning, middle, and end. He looked forward like we were bugs on the ground and totally dismissed us. A bit shocked I was. Plus if spare parts are not truly available.. that would be a problem.
Person to person is todays final grade when dealing with a problem, questions, concerns, even a simple conversation- after all its SHOT. I do not blame Pelican for TSA launching rifle cases (which they do) but being even a bit civil would go a long way and in this case lost a customer forever. This is not an email, text, some salesman in some store... this is an employee telling a customer/Owner to hike on down the road. I bought 5cases at that show from another competitor..
Not so much about Pelican-- I think we can all agree that good service is becoming a rare commodity-- but it is the final face. I won't disparage a product, which I overall think is good, in this case its to make sure your representation is always representing your company to the highest levels.
I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I am a huge believer in customer service and it should be at the top of a companies list of things to get right. Whether a customer is making contact to place an order, have questions answered, or a repair it is customer service that they are in contact with. It is ashame that pelican's representative was short with you even though the damage wasn't a manufacturer issue they should have had a better conversation. Good thing I'm leaning towards a different company.

Customer service makes a huge difference to me. I've started voting with my feet/wallet more and more. Every company/product/service runs the risk of problems, how/if they are resolved are what matters. There are a handful of companies that are dead to me.

I own two such cases, this one is a Vault by Pelican. Its very sturdy, 5 Latches , two handles and has wheels. Its big, Great for two rifles!!

Attachments

• IMG_3484Pelican 2 Gun Vault Case.jpg
    IMG_3484Pelican 2 Gun Vault Case.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20