Handgun Powder/Bullet Choices?

I do. Started in the 70's. Got into IHMSA and the cast bullet bug bit. Ended up using cast bullets in my production,unlimited,and revolver. My .308 unlimited gun would shoot 5 shot 100 yard groups under an inch with iron sights all day long.200 meter revolver groups about 3 inches.

Never felt that I could do better with jacketed bullets.
What cast bullets and/or molds do you like for heavy weight 357 loads?

I'm currently a big fan of N110 for accuracy and cleanliness in a Miroku made Winchester 1873. Shoots well with 200ish RCBS-Sil in shortened cases and 180ish Missouri Bullet Company Pugnose in regular length cases.

I'm currently a big fan of N110 for accuracy and cleanliness in a Miroku made Winchester 1873. Shoots well with 200ish RCBS-Sil in shortened cases and 180ish Missouri Bullet Company Pugnose in regular length cases.

While I don't cast for the .38/.357 any longer, and shouldn't answer for Critter Picker……take a look at what is offered from Accurate Molds. His list of available bullet styles and weights is incredible ……or he will custom make a mold of your design!

Just spending time in his catalog is like a day in a well stocked gun store! memtb

My old standby for the 357 is Lyman 358429 that is a 173 grain SWC that was designed by Elmer Keith.

Saeco makes a 200 Truncated Cone with a gas check that shoots really well,but I believe it's on the edge for stability in standard barrels.

I picked up a good supply of BE-86 when it was on sale for $20/lb at Sportsmans Warehouse and wish I would have cleaned them out. Great powder for 9mm. Versatile, can be loaded up or down. Would also like to try CFE Pistol and Ramshot Silhouette if I see any on sale.

I also use plenty of W231 mostly for .38 but it'll work fine in 9mm and .45. I've heard AA#2 is another good option similar to W231.