H4350 powder measure question?

Bill - in the long run I beleive you would be better served by investing in a Lyman, RCBS or any of the other manufacturers of the digital powder measures. One of our general objectives is repeatbility in our loads - this comes about via a number of factors that I'm certain you've read about here. Powder tempurature sensitivity being a very relevent factor, your choice in H4350 is a good one. I recommend that you stick with this outstanding powder and invest in an updated device to help you throw the charges- it will benefit you in the use of other long grained stick powders and may make your reloading experiences a bit less tedious. They've been a great boon to me personally. JMO.
Thank you for your response. I am now using a RCBS Powder measure and ok to upgrade to digital. What do you recomend? I have a good digital scale with included dripper.. Can you trust a scale as good as dripper?

Thank you for your response. I am now using a RCBS Powder measure and ok to upgrade to digital. What do you recomend? I have a good digital scale with included dripper.. Can you trust a scale as good as dripper?
I've been using a Lyman for about 6 years now to throw my "rough" charge and using a GemPro 250 to get to my final weight. My Lyman isn't all that precise with some powers and the GemPro gets me to where I want to be. Other folks may have recommendations on the newer units, my Lyman is a bit outdated. Like me...

Last edited:
I use IMR 4350 in my RCBS powder dispenser and scale combo ! Many years now ! I remove the little silver tray Gently shake it to even out the powder. Then replace it on to the scale to confirm the weight . If it's the same both time. I pour the powder into the case ! No problem. Feeding the powder from the scale to the. Pan ! The issue is when i replace the empty pan the scale often drifts off zero by a tenth some time two tenths !! Then I have to re Zero the empty. Pan to start the dispensing of the powder ! IMR. 4350 Great powder my RCBS 1500. ,not so great
Digital scale?

I have a Lyman Accu-Touch 2000 Electronic Scale
71eAg2w6A1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
cale

If you want to use a manual powder dispenser with a stick powder, may I suggest you look for a Belding & Mull dispenser on Ebay or if you want brand new, try the Montana Vintage Arms powder measure. For me, the Belding & Mull has worked exceptionally well for metering IMR 4350. It doesn't seem to get hung up or cut the long grains like some other measures do. I'm sure there are some here that are familiar with these. Otherwise, get yourself a good electronic dispenser.
1725678012262.png

1725678066976.png

1725678891187.png

Last edited:
Digital scale?
Yes. It's digital. ! I think it's the model 1500. It about 10 or 12 years old! The little silver pan should weigh 161.3 grains , then zero out ! Some times it weighs 161.4. And some time 161.5 . So I have to zero it manually ! Time for a new scale ! Maybe the Match Master !!

I am using an RCBS Powder measure. When using the H4350 it seems to get stuck, resistant is it having to cut through long grain powders. I am concerned that the amounts might change.

I am about out of H4350 and are thinking about trying the IMR 4350. Would it work smoother? Is there much difference between h4350 and imr4350?
I use both h4350 and imr4350. Imr looks to be a slightly longer kernel of powder which makes it slightly more apt to cut the kernels when throwing charges. It does it in my Lyman powder measure as well. I've never notice an accuracy issue by cutting kernels when throwing them. I've just learned to live with it.

I've tried several scales from beam to electronic. Finally, I purchased the A&D FX 120i. No more drifting and measures powder to the kernel very quickly. My old eyes appreciates electronic scales.

I looked at that site $34 a year. Anyone using it and feels worthwhile?
It was awesome at 34.00/ yr.....and far better now that ITS FREE! I paid for it for 6 years first. It is totally non- biased...gives data on all projectiles, all powders best for the load, it's 20 manuals you would pay 40-50.00 ea for...all in one now Free platform.

Personally, in regards to electronic scales, I think most of the scales that most of us are going to buy are of equal quality. I would venture to guess that most probably share the same components. They are all accurate to plus or minus 0.10 of a grain. They all have a resolution of one decimal place. I personally don't see much difference in any of them.

Here are the exceptions. There are some what I would consider premiere scales and they come at a premiere price. Anybody can go to MidwayUSA and look at the line up. The ones that are above and beyond everything else would be the RCBS MatchMaster digital powder scale & dispenser and the Hornady Precision Lab Digital Powder Scale. Then you get into the lab type scales such as the Gempro and A&D FZ-120i and the Ohaus SPX123 but these are all in a different class and at a different price level.

The RCBS MatchMaster is advertised to have a accuracy of plus or minus .04 grains and appears to have a resolution to two decimal places.

The Hornady precision lab is the same. Plus or minus .04 grain accuracy with a resolution of two decimal places.

The Ohaus scale steps it up a notch. It reportedly has a accuracy of plus or minus .001 grain and a resolution of three decimal places. The same can be said of the Gempro and A&D.

In the end it's to each their own and to what level of accuracy each of us deem necessary and at a cost that we are willing to pay.

Last edited:
It was awesome at 34.00/ yr.....and far better now that ITS FREE! I paid for it for 6 years first. It is totally non- biased...gives data on all projectiles, all powders best for the load, it's 20 manuals you would pay 40-50.00 ea for...all in one now Free platform.
can't seem to see it free. I just being directed to getting a subscription.