Gunwerks 7 LRM???

Ok so a shooter with a 7LRM vs me with my 7mm WSM 150 fps faster ? That translates into a few less elevation click on our scopes at same distance . Will the animal know the difference ? Were both traveling at supersonic velocities ,this amounts to splitting hairs .

I was recently lucky enough to purchase a Gunwerks LR-1000 in the 7mm LRM. I know it was very expensive but I spend a lot of money on guns and shooting every year. I felt I was at a point in my life where I deserved something a little nicer and boy did I get it. I talked with Mike Davidson (Gunwerks) several time on the phone before I made the order and he answered all of my questions in a very friendly and professional manner. He recommended the 7MM LRM based on the excellant results in accuracy that they were haveing at 1000 yards and greater distances with the cartridge. I have shot all my life and the 7mm rounds have always been my favorite so I placed an order. The order went in around the first part of June and by the middle part of October I received a call from Mike telling me that my rifle was ready. Mike was nice enough to rush the order, standard lead time is about 6-months, so I would have the rifle for the general hunting season in Montana. I drove to Wyoming to pick it up and meet the folks at Gunwerks. They are a great bunch of people and very willing to sit down with you and go over any questions or conocerns you may have. I spent time with the gunsmith, the gentlemen that does all of the loading for gunwerks ammunition. I watched them cut the fluting into a barrel, inlet a stock, cerakote some parts and the list goes on and on. It was just a great time being there and talking with all of the people that work there. I then went to the range to shoot my new shooting system an believe me it is a shooting system, to call the LR-1000 a rifle is a huge understatement. We set up at the bench and I took the first shot at 100 yards just to verify, in my own mind, that the gun had actually been sighted in. Dead on the bullseye left and right and 1"high. I then dialed up the G-7 Scope to 710 yards, mind you I have never shot at anything over about 500-550 yards. We checked the wind and I held for one minute of wind and hit roughly3-4 inches from dead center of the target. I put another down range just to make sure it wasn't a fluke and hit almost the same spot, I should have held for two minutes and wouldhave been in the bullseye. I then dialed up 960 yards which was the farthest target that they had set up that day and I hit the target on the first shot. My second shot was also on the target about 6 inches or so fromthe first one. Thats five shots, dead on at ranges from 100 yards to 1000 yards in the first half hour I owned the gun. Unfortunately I did not get to take any game animals with it this season, I was lucky enought to kill a bull with my bow during the archery season and just couldn't find a buck worthy of tmy tag. I did shoot a couple of mean looking rocks at distances out to 689 yards. I even had my 18 years old grandson shoot a rock about the size of a basketball at 1066 yards, I really didn't think he would hit it but I can tell you the look on his face when he pulled the trigger and the smoke came off the rock was priceless.

Is the LR-1000 worth the money I spent for it, well you have to make that determination yourself, to each his own, for me it was the best money I have ever spent on a firearm. I can't wait for spring to roll around and I will get a chance to test it out on a black bear.

No, headstamped brass and dies are available from Gunwerks.

This cartridge has become a popular seller with my rifle customers.

I was looking at your load data for the 7LRM. Are you sure 72.5 got you over 3,100 FPS. A 7 Rem Mag is around max with 72 G of H1000 and it will not top 3,000 FPS with a 168 Berger.

I have a 7MM Dakota Imp. I just built and it will shoot 3,150 with H1000 and 180 Bergers. But it takes 78.5 grains to get there.
I know this is an old post, but I just have to say, this is false.

I'm shooting 65.5gr of IMR 7828 SSC and a 168 Berger VLD in my 7mm RemMag hunting load, and I'm getting a proven 3,115 fps chrono'd on my MagnetoSpeed V2 out of my 26" hunting rifle.

Sorry, just wanted to post this, so people wouldn't read that and think he was correct.

I know this is an old post, but I just have to say, this is false.

I'm shooting 65.5gr of IMR 7828 SSC and a 168 Berger VLD in my 7mm RemMag hunting load, and I'm getting a proven 3,115 fps chrono'd on my MagnetoSpeed V2 out of my 26" hunting rifle.

Sorry, just wanted to post this, so people wouldn't read that and think he was correct.

I agree, even 24" barreled 7mmRMs will get in the 3050fps range with safe loads. The 7mm Remington Magnum is a heck of a cartridge, even with all the newer 7mm Magnums, this old standby is only short 100-150fps. Not bad for a round introduced in 1962 when ballistics research and development was no where near what it is today.

Individual barrels will make a difference, and throat is also very important. We've made close to 2000 7mm Rem Mags. They are awesome. Our favorite load runs about 3025 with a 168 VLD. We try to provide loads that will be safe in modern firearms and saami chambers. I have loaded close to 3100 in a personal firearm with longer throat and winchester brass.

Individual barrels will make a difference, and throat is also very important. We've made close to 2000 7mm Rem Mags. They are awesome. Our favorite load runs about 3025 with a 168 VLD. We try to provide loads that will be safe in modern firearms and saami chambers. I have loaded close to 3100 in a personal firearm with longer throat and winchester brass.

What barrel lengths do you guys run? Sounds like a pretty deadly load!

Very consistent bullets. I don't have extensive terminal performance data for that bullet, but initially, very good performance.

Hey Skip, I was on yall's site and couldn't find 7LRM brass anywhere. Is that stuff even still available? How much is it by the 100? Do yall have dies in stock?

Also, do yall rent out reamers? My local smith builds all my rifles and I am very intrigued by this caliber.

How does it compare to the 7mm RM as far as OAL? Reason I ask is that I have a Browning A-bolt II 7RM, and the removable maagazine really limits my cartridge OAL, which will hinder accuracy with VLD's.