GP 100 Match Champion 10MM?

I've had one for about 2 years now and have around 2500 rounds through it.

Mine has shot really well with a variety of different bullets. The action was pretty smooth when it was new and it's gotten much smoother since then. The factory wood grip fits my hand really well and makes the gun point very naturally. I think it's a really good size and weight for a woods gun. It's not as light as some of the titanium/scandium revolvers out there, but it's still very packable. I carry mine in a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster and I couldn't be happier.

The sights are OK, but not great. The fiber optic front sight is nice, but I prefer a brass bead and an express style rear sight on my woods guns. It's a typical Ruger revolver; built for function first and aesthetics last. The moon clips that come with it are pretty flimsy. I bought some replacements from TK Custom and they've been a big improvement.

I've been wanting to send mine off to get reamed out to 10mm Mag for a while. That would solve my biggest issue with it the 10mm in general, which is just the fact that it's not a 41 Mag! LOL I just need to get around to finding a good smith to do the work and then I'll send it off to have the work done.

Recent Posts