goat hunt

Thanks for your service!
And thanks for the story and pics. My granddaughter likes the little tyke sitting on the rug ;-)
A hunt in Alaska is on my bucket list, sure would like to get a ram, it's our symbol and target for handgun silhouettes and I like the looks of the full curl on the horns.
Those goats are larger than I thought, I sure would have to get in better shape to go after them.

partisan1911,
Now you have me waiting for your next story!!!
I really enjoyed this post, the pictures are awesome, and the backpacking hunt you did is just a dream made true. Will wait on your next story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

That is what surprises a lot of people.....mt goats are big! It sure surprised me on my first goat hunt.

I estimate these goats to be around 260+lbs on the hoof. That equates to a lot of weight on your back and in my case I caped the entire goat so it took up a lot of space. I wouldn't say it is extremely physically hard. The biggest thing is having time to pack the animal down safely. Steep terrain and lots of weight can equal disaster pretty quickly.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.