• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS Custom 6 PRC

L.E.Wilson inline bullet seater blank with my reamer run in:

ZjjrWn8.jpg

What shank length is the EH2 inlet for?
Looks like 1.50".

That's my only bitch about those stocks. I don't know about others, but I never run a full length shanks on #2, 3, or 4 contours. I always have 3/4ths or a full inch cut off the shanks prior to chambering & threading. I talked to Manners about this, and he seemed to think other wise.

It's easier to sand the contour to fit rather than to fill in.

Actually, this one doesn't look bad. The shank area looks good, but there's a small gap forward of that for a couple inches. Less noticeable after blacking out the inlet, and it's buried under the scope.

I can pull the scope and take a pic if you want.

Did you happen to record any loads/velocity
I have 6"x4" spiral note books for every gun and cartridge. Virtually every round fired in load development is shot over the Oehler chronograph, with ES, SD, velocity, and group size documented.

This is my 2nd 6 PRC build, The first was built more as a heavier LR plinker. The goal was to shoot the 150 SMK, but in the end, the 108 ELD's fueled by R-26 was the winner.

I sold that gun, and built this one as more of a hunting gun. I learned a lot from the first build, so load work was short lived, & I found a good load right away, which coincidentally is the same as the first barrel.

Hornady 108 ELD-M's at 3425 is the ticket.

Recent Posts