Free Range West Texas Aoudad

So did we, but that's not true at all. It's not elk or axis by any means but in stew and gumbo you can't tell the difference. First hunt I went on they wasted the whole animal. We asked about meat and they said it would run you out of the house if you cooked it. I think most of the time they don't want to deal with cleaning it where aoudad live or don't want to deal with the smell of an aoudad in general.

View attachment 545946
David sent us the following hunt.
"Just returned from a West Texas free range aoudad hunt where I took this 31 1/2" ram using my Cooper 300 WM with a 180 GR Hammer Hunter bullet. One shot, one kill at 200 yards. He dropped where he stood. A complete pass through. Absolutely great bullets! This is now 7 animals killed in 7 months. 6 have been one shot one kills."
Thank you for sharing and congratulations on an awesome hunt.
Wow what a giant.Congrats

if the meat is taken care of, clean and cooked immediately, it is actually a great stew meat. Old ram=tough, so stews and slow cooked recipes for goat are great. There are a ton of great Mediterranean and South American preparations out there for goat. I would give it a shot, I enjoyed mine!

View attachment 545946
"Just returned from a West Texas free range aoudad hunt where I took this 31 1/2" ram using my Cooper 300 WM with a 180 GR Hammer Hunter bullet. One shot, one kill at 200 yards. He dropped where he stood. A complete pass through. Absolutely great bullets! This is now 7 animals killed in 7 months. 6 have been one shot one kills."

Great Ram! Heading to Big Spring TX in May to try my luck on a 30" or better Auodad. That's what I really appreciate about this forum, real hunts with first hand details. Taking the 6.5 PRC and Barnes 127 LRX handloads @ 3150 fps. I should be good out to 500 yds. With some luck I should be able to get a bit closer. Thanks for sharing this hunt.

View attachment 545946
Amazing animal! Not intending to be critical here, but I'm wondering if you've ever run into the problem of "too much gun"
with your 300 WM?

Nice ram ,31.5" is a trophy worth bragging about.
Heading to west Texas on Tuesday morning, Sanderson area all the way up to Fort Davis , I'll be out there for the month of March . Picking up my new Fierce Carbon Rival in 7PRC with a Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50 FFP from a friend's gun shop in Pinehurst Tx. Looking for a long distance Aoudad ram .