Found Primers but are they too much $$$

I just bought a brick of CCI 34's for just under $80 at Scheels. Some gun type shoppers did not know what the 34's could be used for & did not buy. I'm guessing the modest stock of some 20 bricks was sold out before COB same day.

Natchez has some CCI BR2's for $170 for a 1000.

Is this stupid high that I should avoid? I started shooting not to long ago and don't have as big of a stock as some you you guys. I am on my last 100 primers, so while this price is high should i get some because they have some?
I just scored on 2 bricks of Remington 9 1/2 primers at a local gun shop, $89 each. They probably had 50 on the shelf. I went back the next day and they were gone. In this new era, if you snooze you lose, especially with primers. I exclusively used CCI200 before. I will have to work up new loads but at least now I have primers. And the Rems are good primers too.

Last edited:
I just scored on 2 bricks of Remington 9 1/2 primers at a local gun shop, $89 each. They probably had 50 on the shelf. I went back the next day and they were gone. In this new era if you snooze you lose especially with primers. I exclusively used CCI200 before. I will have to work up new loads but at least now I have primers. And the Rems are good primers too.
That's a long way from Montana.🤣

I just scored on 2 bricks of Remington 9 1/2 primers at a local gun shop, $89 each. They probably had 50 on the shelf. I went back the next day and they were gone. In this new era, if you snooze you lose, especially with primers. I exclusively used CCI200 before. I will have to work up new loads but at least now I have primers. And the Rems are good primers too.
That is a good price right now and don't delay when they are available. Large rifle and large pistol seem to be the least available. Most of the reputable dealers I have bought from have notifications to let you know when a product is in. Right now if you need something you had better think ahead and act when you can. I know I paid, and it makes me sick to think about it, $150 for small pistol primers here locally (including tax). Remington primers are good and I have used them since 1969 when I was just 16.

A lot of local shops have large rifle on the shelf. $13/100, but they were there
It reminds me a lot of buying gasoline now. The price doesn't drop or rise just pennies anymore, it's more like 20 cents. Reloading components, especially powder or primers if available, are also going the same way. Politics is much of it and I don't see a big or bright future for newer ones getting into reloading. I am very fortunate in my reloading history to have gotten in very cheaply compared to now. Most will just buy factory loadings if they don't know someone who reloads.

I'm still looking for Rem 9.5 mag, but I'm not paying out my arse for them. A friend blessed me with some a week ago so I'm good to go for a while again, but so far all I'm getting ads on is small rifle and pistol primers, both of which I have all I need for now.

I have always endeavored to exhibit entirely rational behavior in a climate of anxiety & fear. Yesterday, I successfully acquired 1,000 CCI 34 primers at our local Scheels store for $85 & change (w. veteran's 5% discount). I expect to consume 1,000 CCI 34 primers by September 1, 2024, and desire to maintain primer stocks at an acceptable level to avoid anxiety & fear.

Paying under $ 90 for a thou primers is entirely rational but paying over $60 for a pound RL 26 or H1000 is nuttier.

I'm still looking for Rem 9.5 mag, but I'm not paying out my arse for them. A friend blessed me with some a week ago so I'm good to go for a while again, but so far all I'm getting ads on is small rifle and pistol primers, both of which I have all I need for now.
When I was looking for mag primers all I found at the time was 9 1/2's that were 12-13 cents per before shipping. What was worse were the gm215m's @ 15 cents per (16.5 delivered iirc). BR2's were costly also. Where I live is less than limited to nonexistent of every primer. I don't think I could get @DTubb to share ;) .

Recent Posts