Forming 6.5/7PRC??

8x68s

Has anyone considered how to get a 7 PRC formed to accomodate 6.5mm bullets? Custom dies seem a long wait these days, if even possible and I'm wondering if the combo of 7PRC dies and bushings are the answer?? ... or using both 6.5 and 7 PRC dies?? Thinking ahead on my project of rechambering a 6.5 PRC barrel to 6.5/7 PRC.

Secondarily, can any one spare a case or two of 7PRC to have a gander at?? This build is a year out and I'm starting to do my figger'n an' plan'n...
Thanks for your input!!

I think you might be a bit confused, the 6.5 and 7 do not share the same case. The 7 prc is longer than the 6.5 and shorter than the 300. But there are a few people that have already built a 6.5-7prc, it's just a bushing change on the 7 prc dies.

I agree with your line of thinking that the 6.5 PRC is short and the longer 7 PRC case is a better starting point.

I try to neck down in stages, not that .284 to .264 ID is the biggest neck down jump but if you put in a bushing and get concentricity issues add an intermediate bushing size.

You can also try Hornady generic neck sizing dies because they don't float like a bushing does. Get the 6.5mm neck die and stick a 7 PRC case up it.

After the initial neck down, 7PRC die with smaller bushing would be what you'd need.

Necking the 7PRC down to 6.5 (probably a .291 or .292 bushing) should be relatively simple with a bushing change.

I would do it in 3 steps personally. Say from 7mm (probably a 312 bushing?), I would go 305, 298, 291, then a .262 expander mandrel.