Foot pounds of energy calculator.

budlight

I came across this calculator which is fun to see the relationship of velocity to mass. No wonder my 26 inch 458 win mag using Barnes X 405 gr. takes out deer. Over twice the foot pounds of my 308's. I'm a long barrel person. My buddy came over with his newest 10.5 inch 6.5 Creedmoor. What a waste! I explained barrel length, muzzle velocity, and free HP. He thought he had a 1000 yrd super sonic off the shelf round. I told him to ware sun glasses if ever shoots that thing at night! :lol

Double click on the below and just feed in the numbers and click the energy box.

The 450,240 constant is the 1st time I've seen that. I've always used 450,400 as the constant. From apps and other sources that auto calculate I reverse engineer the calculations and go from there. I've done the same thing with rpm, drive train, final drive (rear end ratios) and tire size (I've forgotten if the constant is 336 or 366, but will refigure it). Most apps or other computations don't agree on final numbers (example: QL vs Lapua).