Fireworks and bird dogs

Fireworks are a mess for working dogs.
Fireworks are a mess for many dogs, working or not. I`ve always hated the **** things. Not so much the organized community shows ( although they can be hard on dogs too ) but the neighborhood fire fights. All the bottle rockets, and strings of poppers and cherry bombs and M-80s....I hate them all.

Our dog didn’t care about fireworks until she was 4. No idea what changed, but now it’s a big problem for her. And locals like to do 4th of July week, so we’ve already had the (illegal) mortars going off. Between the fire danger of living in the PNW tinderbox and the toll it takes on my dog, I have come to violently hate fireworks

Our dog didn’t care about fireworks until she was 4. No idea what changed, but now it’s a big problem for her. And locals like to do 4th of July week, so we’ve already had the (illegal) mortars going off. Between the fire danger of living in the PNW tinderbox and the toll it takes on my dog, I have come to violently hate fireworks
My current dog has never liked them. My last lab was very similar to yours and could care less about them until she was around 8 and then she didn’t like it. Neither of them are or were gun shy.