Finally Posting

birdiemc

I figured it's time to quit browsing and say something. I've been reading/learning from everybody here for a while now. This past year I finally started reloading. Got a 6.5 creedmore blank in the mail today, still waiting on chamber reamer to come in, going to give it a shot myself converting Rem 700 .308 that just flat out shoots like crap. Lots of tooling left to make first and I have a good friend who was a machinist that can babysit me and hopefully keep me from screwing things up. No long range shooting yet, rifle qual when I was in the Marine Corps out to 500 is the farthest I've shot but hoping to change that next year. I played with helicopters in the Marines not guns, but been shooting my whole life. And now I build houses, married with 3 little girls, just got a call from brother-in-law last night he'sgetting my oldest (7yr old) daughter a Savage Rascal for Christmas. Trying to do this parenting thing right.

Welcome aboard. I have two daughters that love to shoot, they started out with crickets and are now shooting 7 mags(braked) now at age 13 and 15. Good luck on your new build and have fun with it!

Welcome you have come to the right place. I have learned a great deal just reading the posts but if you need help chances are someone here has the answer so just ask.
Thank you for serving our country
Hang on those kids grow up in a hurry!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.