Favorite uncommon calibers

I coresponded with Bob Milek. After Bob's death I visited with Bill and Dudley. I have several of their videos. Unfortunately all VHS and no player. I would like to have DVD copies. Bob Jr. if they are available please let me know. I owned both the 30 and 357 Herret.
You can get the VHS converted to DVD for fairly cheap. Up here even London Drugs does it, as well as specialty places.

I mailed off an old set of Pacific Pak-It Reloader for 218Bee to Alaska today. The gentleman that purchased it told me he has a Winchester Model 43 that's chambered in 218Bee, so I threw in some 46gr winchester hollow points for him to load up.

Anyone ever fire a Bee?
I had a Bee in a Ruger 3 with custom high grade wood, for many years. Sold it when a guy offered me an obscene amount of money for it. What was really obscene was what guys were paying for the extra 2000 218 bee brass that I sold off after I sold the gun. Guys were snapping it up at 200 a bag: never realised it had gone up so much and become so hard to find. It was worth about half what the gun sold for.

Last edited:
I mailed off an old set of Pacific Pak-It Reloader for 218Bee to Alaska today. The gentleman that purchased it told me he has a Winchester Model 43 that's chambered in 218Bee, so I threw in some 46gr winchester hollow points for him to load up.

Anyone ever fire a Bee?
I have a Winchester model 65 that gets shot....sometimes

They're not exactly rare but they're not common where I live either: a shooting and hunting friend of mine is different than most of us, he wanted to whittle his rifle collection down, not expand it, to the bare bones of utility. But not in your usual .30-06 or .243s, he handloads, he likes less common chamberings and old school rifles , just likes to have something a little different in general, and doesn't hunt further than 400 yards, usually inside of 250.

His 3 centerfire rifles to do everything that he'll ever want to do in his life ended up being a tikka (I think, either that or a CZ) in .204 Ruger and a pair of mint condition Husqvarnas, one in 6.5x55 Swedish and the other in 9.3x62 Mauser. I sat and thought about it…and dang it I can't really think of much better choices for the kind of hunting he does. And all very interesting rounds to me, again not at all rare but also a bit off the beaten path for most shooters.

They're not exactly rare but they're not common where I live either: a shooting and hunting friend of mine is different than most of us, he wanted to whittle his rifle collection down, not expand it, to the bare bones of utility. But not in your usual .30-06 or .243s, he handloads, he likes less common chamberings and old school rifles , just likes to have something a little different in general, and doesn't hunt further than 400 yards, usually inside of 250.

His 3 centerfire rifles to do everything that he'll ever want to do in his life ended up being a tikka (I think, either that or a CZ) in .204 Ruger and a pair of mint condition Husqvarnas, one in 6.5x55 Swedish and the other in 9.3x62 Mauser. I sat and thought about it…and dang it I can't really think of much better choices for the kind of hunting he does. And all very interesting rounds to me, again not at all rare but also a bit off the beaten path for most shooters.
My 12 year old son's favorite rifle is our Husqvarna 6.5x55! He loves that rifle and calls it the Swede! I have 7 children, and they all know that it is his rifle.

Anyone ever fire a Bee?
I was wanting to buy a old lever action in 218 Bee. Unfortunately all the cool old guns are out of my budget lately 😞

My 12 year old son's favorite rifle is our Husqvarna 6.5x55! He loves that rifle and calls it the Swede! I have 7 children, and they all know that it is his rifle.
That's funny because I used to have an old husqvarna m98 in 8x57 Mauser. My wife couldn't care less about guns but when she saw "husqvarna vapenfabriks, Sweden" on the rifle she immediately declared its name was "Sven".