Fastest bow

I have the frist PSE X-Force I think the brace hight is 6". It shoots good, and the speed is legit. I highly recomend them

Short brace height works as long as your form is perfect each time. It is not forgiving of any errors and torque. Which happens more than we like to think in hunting.

You have 7" brace height bows shooting 320 vs the 5.5" bows shooting 340. Is 20 fps going to make your shot?

BH

Bowtech 82nd Airborne would be an option. 342-250 fps IBO. I shoot a Bowtech now, and am very impressed. Very smooth and quiet (the 82nd is relatively quiet lol). I'm buying a new Bowtech this year.

i shoot a 101st not quite as fast as a 82nd but i really like the bow. it is decently quiet, and very fast, as long as you have speed modules in it and not smooth ones.

Bowtech 101st airborne is a very good shooting bow, that's what I chose and I like it a lot, I just don't use it nearly enough, if anyone is interested i've got it in the "other stuff for sale" section, set up and ready to shoot, never even been in the woods :( It needs a good home, if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM

Steve

Last edited:
Slayers info is a tiny bit off. The Mathews web site shows...

The Mathews Monster Xlr8 is a 5" brace and "up-to" 360fps.
The Mathews Monster is the 6" brace bow and "up-to" 353fps.

I have the original 6" x-force and love it. About as quiet and smooth as you can get and one of the fastest and accurate bows out there as well.

If you are going to shoot these short brace height bows, I think a STS device can make a big difference. It will help keep the string clear of your clothes. That is one of the reasons I like the newer x-force bows that come factory with a good STS.

I haven't shot the PSE Omen yet, but have heard good things from all that have. However the big drawback is it does not have an adjustable draw length.

Joel

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.