Faster suppressor turn around times per Silencerco?

Bob Wright

Just got an e-mail from Silencerco declaring ridiculous fast turnaround times due to various suppressor organizations working with ATF to do that. Claims made that the times have been compressed into weeks or days without a trust, which mucks it up.
Anyone hear this?

Last edited:
Just got an e-mail from Silencerco declaring ridiculous fast turnaround times due to various suppressor organizations working with ATF to do that. Claims made that the times have been compressed into weeks or days without a trust, which mucks it up.
Anyone here this?
I got the same the other day . Then went what the ***** as I'm still waiting for my two cans at 9 and 7 months . They are in the fbi nics hold gigantic black ⚫️ . The feds have no time line to even work from so it can take however long till someone gets around to it. For those that get super fast turnaround times I'm glad to see it's potentially getting better . My first two cans were right atthe start of e- file and took 9 months to clear .

The link attached from Silencerco:

Anyone here this?
Got mine in less than three months. Saw somewhere that an individual got theirs in less than three weeks.

You can't leave it with anyone when hunting or shooting or other scenario where you need to leave the immediate vicinity and can't take it with you.
Locking it in a vehicle, glovebox, console, truck toolbox, etc. is fine.
I'm honestly unaware of anyone being charged with a crime related to this, outside of actual criminals possessing an unregistered suppressor.
I've had suppressors for 25 years, no one has ever questioned me or asked to see my tax stamp.

Locking it in a vehicle, glovebox, console, truck toolbox, etc. is fine.
I'm honestly unaware of anyone being charged with a crime related to this, outside of actual criminals possessing an unregistered suppressor.
I've had suppressors for 25 years, no one has ever questioned me or asked to see my tax stamp.
Neither have I, but that doesn't mean by the letter of the law that you or they couldn't be. The ATF invents new ways to terrorize citizens daily. Or even kill them for no reason. I'd prefer to be in the most strict compliance possible.

Put it in a trust, put your whole family on it, put your hunting buddies on it, etc.

Neither have I, but that doesn't mean by the letter of the law that you or they couldn't be. The ATF invents new ways to terrorize citizens daily. Or even kill them for no reason. I'd prefer to be in the most strict compliance possible.

Put it in a trust, put your whole family on it, put your hunting buddies on it, etcetcI
I guess I never have had the need to abandon a suppressor (or a rifle), so don't give it much thought 🤷🏼‍♂️

Explain? Thanks.
If you follow the letter of the law, it's easy to unknowingly break NFA laws.

Yes, I agree that you could likely be in violation of these laws without actually being charged with a crime. But if you want to avoid even the possibility of such, here's how it could be easy to break NFA laws.

Yes, these are going to seem dumb, and they are because the entire NFA is dumb. So many NFA laws don't make any sense and are clearly a violation of our rights. Suppressors should be available OTC.

That being said...

If you buy as an individual, then technically your wife shouldn't have the combination to your safe because if she's home, and you're not, she's in possession of the suppressor.

If you are driving home from range or a hunting trip and are in an accident or have a medical emergency, your wife or grown children or brother etc can't come get your gear to take home.

There are just a couple scenarios. Don't tell me they are dumb, because I agree. The whole NFA thing is dumb. I'm saying that a trust can help you avoid dumb innocent things that are technically illegal. And if you have kids that you want to inherit (or use) your NFA items, a trust just makes sense IMO.