Fast 22 cal for 1800fps+ at 650yds w/ copper

I just tried 68 HHT in my 22 creed last weekend they were way faster than I expected. I was using h4350 I worked up from 41.6 grains at 3700 fps and stopped at 3800ish because of pressure. I'll have to back off a little bit more and try them again. I was working up in .4 grain increments and the first 3 were under .2" at 100 yards. 24" benchmark 1-8 twist .120 freebore.

I just tried 68 HHT in my 22 creed last weekend they were way faster than I expected. I was using h4350 I worked up from 41.6 grains at 3700 fps and stopped at 3800ish because of pressure. I'll have to back off a little bit more and try them again. I was working up in .4 grain increments and the first 3 were under .2" at 100 yards. 24" benchmark 1-8 twist .120 freebore.
Try some RL16

Took the copper custom 22 creedmore data and knocked off some fps from the 24 inch data they worked up. Looks like it would get you the fps you need with a few to spare even in 20 inch barrel.

Mine is a 24" bbl. Ave mv 4080 fps. No pressure here. So with a 20" you'd loose a little, but not much.
Hammer says a g7 of .155, but out to 500, my drop is a little less than what 155 shows in applied ballistics. Haven't shot it farther than that yet as I'm still tinkering with loads. That little bullet is impressively accurate.

If I had enough twist, I'd definitely play with some of the heavier pills.
That is impressive as hell. After your reply yesterday I looked into your bullet and was very impressed with the possibilities.

Ive had great luck with the 124HH out of a 6.5 PRC. Fantastic terminal performance so always open to trying another of their bullets.

It's also very good your situation requires the use of monos as if you push a 22 creed to its full potential none of the heavies would hold together at the needed twist for full value bc in all weather conditions and elevations. But monos can take whatever you need and no need to change bore diameter to .219 as a . 218 will be fine. No worries about land number or design to lessen jacket stress. Only real downside is barrel life. Whatever you do don't do any fast rate of fire. I have seen numerous less powder volume cases in 22 cal Shot out completely in 2 days of high volume p-dog shoots by not pacing the shot timing.

Should be fun while the barrel throat is still good. 1200 rds? You should enjoy the vapor trails you can get from 4k + vel in cool moist early morning air. I always did! So cool!

You gotta try some of those super light sub 40gr varmint bullets just for fun. Try a few of those tiny 33gr stone hammers with a dense high energy powder should give you the most vel possible. Depending on barrel length should be knocking at the door of 4500fps Nothing like the sound of a Mach 4+ bullet report. Workup a load and vaporize a few groundhogs, opossum, or p-dog. We actually use to shoot crows with a 22-250AI with something similar; feathers everywhere!! Nothing even left for the coyotes to scavenge. Just instant fertilizer in the the garden plots and fields.

Not all the lead bullets blow up.... some do but not all do.

Have played with a 22 creed near peer for close to 15 years, they are a lot of fun and there are certainly some thin jacket options. Old 75 a max would struggle when shoved real hard, but the guys running the real big bores are getting several lead bullets to fly.

Neither here nor there as op just wants mono's.

Have flung 40 grain nosler ballistic tips over 4300 closing in on 4400... it's a splat for sure.

The big 22s are a lot of fun, its a snapshot of the big boomers with cheaper components.

I made my final load with the 68 grain hammer hunter tipped in my 22 creedmoor. I tried n555, rl16 and h4350. I settled on 41.8 grains of h4350 with Alpha brass and cci 450's at 3730 fps. Here's an amazing group I shot at 600 yards today. It's just over one inch with 3 shots.

Attachments

• IMG_6670.jpeg
    IMG_6670.jpeg
    381.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: