Fast 22 cal for 1800fps+ at 650yds w/ copper

Wilderness Blacktail

im surrounded by the marble mtn, trinity alps ans
20" barrel, appropriate twist 6.5" perhaps. Elevation 5000'. Lead free.

It doesnt matter whats possible with lead high BC bullets as for its purpose gotta be lead free. Lets say 77LRX .404g1.

Brass has to exist or be easily made from something available.

Looking for some cartridge ideas to meet or exceed above parameters.

Here's my 22" 22 Creed with a 74 gr HHT and RL-26. A little longer barrel would help with the velocity as well.

IMG_5091.png

20" barrel, appropriate twist 6.5" perhaps. Elevation 5000'. Lead free.

It doesnt matter whats possible with lead high BC bullets as for its purpose gotta be lead free. Lets say 77LRX .404g1.

Brass has to exist or be easily made from something available.

Looking for some cartridge ideas to meet or exceed above parameters.
I have a rifle (224) that is based of a 6 mm case. It was used as a target round for some time in the past, and it is faster then a 220 swift. RCBS make die's for it with an inside neck reamer die. I have not shot it in a long time. When I first zeroed it in at 100 yards it has a very tight group, at the time I did not measure the group size. But I moved to 299 yards and did not hit the target, I found a large cardboard box fix a target on it and tried again, the bullet was 6 inches higher then At 1 hundred yards. But it would hit at 700 yards all day long.

Sweet! Whats the BC ur runnin on that bullet?

I haven't had the chance to true it at distance yet (so just went with Hammers estimate), but should have an idea soon. I have a doe antelope tag that opens on 9/1 and this will likely get the nod. I'll post up the BC numbers I get when I'm out next.

I have a rifle (224) that is based of a 6 mm case. It was used as a target round for some time in the past, and it is faster then a 220 swift. RCBS make die's for it with an inside neck reamer die. I have not shot it in a long time. When I first zeroed it in at 100 yards it has a very tight group, at the time I did not measure the group size. But I moved to 299 yards and did not hit the target, I found a large cardboard box fix a target on it and tried again, the bullet was 6 inches higher then At 1 hundred yards. But it would hit at 700 yards all day long.

I haven't had the chance to true it at distance yet (so just went with Hammers estimate), but should have an idea soon. I have a doe antelope tag that opens on 9/1 and this will likely get the nod. I'll post up the BC numbers I get when I'm out next.
I worked up my load with an old Polly computer for loads, ie the first one that came out that you could find the pressures of the cartridge.

Nice! I wouldnt have guessed that light a pill would hold speed that well. What BC ya runnin?
Mine is a 24" bbl. Ave mv 4080 fps. No pressure here. So with a 20" you'd loose a little, but not much.
Hammer says a g7 of .155, but out to 500, my drop is a little less than what 155 shows in applied ballistics. Haven't shot it farther than that yet as I'm still tinkering with loads. That little bullet is impressively accurate.

If I had enough twist, I'd definitely play with some of the heavier pills.

Mine is a 24" bbl. Ave mv 4080 fps. No pressure here. So with a 20" you'd loose a little, but not much.
Hammer says a g7 of .155, but out to 500, my drop is a little less than what 155 shows in applied ballistics. Haven't shot it farther than that yet as I'm still tinkering with loads. That little bullet is impressively accurate.

If I had enough twist, I'd definitely play with some of the heavier pills.
Has a 26 inch barrel on an old Oberendorf K98 . I was useding 69 gr Seria boat tail hunting bullets