"F" Class Shooters

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Just checking to see if there are any "F" Class Competition Shooters on this forum. Looking for members mainly located in the SE, but would like to know anyone Mainland USA. PM us if you get a chance.
There is a "F" Class and PRS Range here in GA located between Macon and Savannaha "Cool Acres", but "F" Class Competitions are suspended for 2022 due to lack of participation.
Trying to find other Ranges in the SE or possibly getting more shooters interested in shooting here in GA.
Thanks
Len & Jill

I shoot F/TR here occasionally here in Louisiana. I'm a hunter/shooter. Shoot every weekend but only for my love of the sport.
I have several rifles in several calibers that can shoot F/Open but haven't got to that yet as I don't dump as much money into the gear needed to do so as I do in the rifles themselves.
My problem is that I'm always finding something else that tweeks my curiosity and keeps me busy with new load development! 😂 😂

Last edited:
Time is limited but I get 3-4 matches in a year, a mix of mid and long range shooting a 284win. We don't had a shortage of shooters here in central Indiana. Kinda waiting to see if component shortages will start to impact participation.

Time is limited but I get 3-4 matches in a year, a mix of mid and long range shooting a 284win. We don't had a shortage of shooters here in central Indiana. Kinda waiting to see if component shortages will start to impact participation.
Thanks
Don't know what happened here. There were quite a few LR and ELR shooters the past years. We have the "ARENA" in SW GA that is unbelievable. Several thousand acres with dozens of ranges from Shooting Houses to ELR 2,500 yds. Government bought up most of the time slots for training.
Yep the 284 win is King. We went with the 6.5 X 284 for a sleeker bullet.
Len & Jill

Just checking to see if there are any "F" Class Competition Shooters on this forum. Looking for members mainly located in the SE, but would like to know anyone Mainland USA. PM us if you get a chance.
There is a "F" Class and PRS Range here in GA located between Macon and Savannaha "Cool Acres", but "F" Class Competitions are suspended for 2022 due to lack of participation.
Trying to find other Ranges in the SE or possibly getting more shooters interested in shooting here in GA.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Several of my teammates and myself traveled to Cool Acres for one of the last "Show me the Money" events....had a great time.

1663977283819.png

I am going to a beginners F Class shooting class at the range I have a membership to later this spring.

I am sure the rabbit hole will be large once I learn a little more. I have never shot competitively and not sure if that's what I will do, but thought it would be a great way to learn from experienced shooters to improve my own shooting.

It's fun, informative and humiliating at first!😂
Learning to judge the wind is the big thing!
You can have a .25 rifle that can shoot 10 ring all day long but when the wind is variable and shifting... all hell breaks loose! Haha
I've shot and still do at times, a factory Rem 700 PSS 308 that will hammer at 600... if I feel the wind which I'm surely not the best at.
You don't need one of those high end customs to shoot FT/R.
You just need to hold wind...but, that's in any class!
Best of luck!

I shoot FTR and F open. Got hooked years ago after turning up one day with an old spotlighting rifle and doing alright. Now I've invested quite a lot of time and money into the sport, it's great practice for the field also.

Can't help with a nearby range though.

The range
I am going to a beginners F Class shooting class at the range I have a membership to later this spring.

I am sure the rabbit hole will be large once I learn a little more. I have never shot competitively and not sure if that's what I will do, but thought it would be a great way to learn from experienced shooters to improve my own shooting.

The range at Byers can be super nasty! It's a great place to shoot. Fclass match director is Matt Peetz.

Matt is the one hosting the class.

Are you a CRC member also?

No sir....I shot there last year for the Co. state pair fire match and will probably come back again this year.

Matt is a good dude, we've been friends for several years.

I shoot F T/R here in MS. Don't have the time or budget to travel. Haven't shot a match in two years, but plan to start back this weekend. It will be a humbling experience, I'm sure! Lol. This is a perishable skill and I haven't been shooting like I once did.

I shoot F T/R here in MS. Don't have the time or budget to travel. Haven't shot a match in two years, but plan to start back this weekend. It will be a humbling experience, I'm sure! Lol. This is a perishable skill and I haven't been shooting like I once did.

Welcome back!....Wind is still winning....at least against me it is. 😂
😂

I went to a beginner "F Class" class today. I am very intrigued. I am certainly going to volunteer at a couple local matches this summer. It was interesting and fun calling wind for the experienced shooters today. They shot mid range.

I have a couple of hunting rifles that I could use, and may try as a local just for the experience, but may end up indulging 😀. The only one I would like to try I can't since it has a muzzle brake.

One of the instructors said it's like do you take the red pill or blue pill…… we will see.