external separate frame or internal frame?

Nickwild

this seems like a suitable place for this topic, if I should relocate pray tell.

Im looking to buy my first full time hunting pack. It would have to be 80 liters or more, you all know the weight. my question is if I should buy one with an internal or external frame. Thanks for stopping by, any advice would be welcome.

External/separate frame is the way to go. Kuiu, Kifaru, Exo Mtn Gear all have great offerings. The separate frame gives you bag modularity so you can use different bags for different applications. The ability to use a meat shelf and sandwich your game bags between the pack and the frame also helps keep your gear cleaner.

I'd suggest you buy the Kifaru Hoodlum and 26"duplex frame that is listed for sale on page 2 of the "Other Stuff for Sale" section. I have this same set-up and it will carry more than you want to put on your back.

External/separate frame is the way to go. Kuiu, Kifaru, Exo Mtn Gear all have great offerings. The separate frame gives you bag modularity so you can use different bags for different applications. The ability to use a meat shelf and sandwich your game bags between the pack and the frame also helps keep your gear cleaner.
I agree with @brcfo_outdoors. Being able to put meat or a dry bag full of stuff between the frame and the bag is nice. I have a couple Kifaru packs and an EXO pack, and I can recommend both brands.

FCA65445-5093-4E0E-A5CC-2692023F7AC6.jpeg
C8B0C082-18A4-4A71-AA96-EFB3447C1614.jpeg
6C723D01-D78B-4D14-ABB0-98465B618E62.jpeg

0E6E57F2-FF7F-4F91-85A5-102A0F5F5110.jpeg

External for me, keep the blood and mess separate from the main bag, you can also add more junk to carry above and beyond the bags. Like putting a blind between the main bag and frame.

However, if I knew I could get away with an internal frame, I'd like to try the new Stone Glacier Terminus 8700, and it does have a dedicated 2200ci meat bag, it's very light, just looks interesting.

Anyways, external is where I went and would truly stay for my crazy needs.

Recent Posts