Expected Cost for a Mexico Desert Sheep Hunt

memtb

No, not going, except in my dreams….but curious about costs! The wife and I were watching a Desert Sheep hunt and discussed costs. I tried to look up a cost from some of the bigger named outfitters/guides and couldn't get a number without getting tons of emails about something we'll never do!

I hope that this type of posts doesn't ruffle any feathers…..it's just fit my curiosity! Thanks! memtb

It was running around 50 grand whe I looked up Sonora outfitters been to long ago I may be dreaming I knew a guy in Colorado who I elk hunted with he got lucky drew a tag he said it was worth that or more to people with money just to get the tag. David

No, not going, except in my dreams….but curious about costs! The wife and I were watching a Desert Sheep hunt and discussed costs. I tried to look up a cost from some of the bigger named outfitters/guides and couldn't get a number without getting tons of emails about something we'll never do!

I hope that this type of posts doesn't ruffle any feathers…..it's just fit my curiosity! Thanks! memtb
Just spent a week on the Seri land in Sonora...did not see but 8 small rams and bunch of ewes. Heading back for another week of hunting tomorrow to hopefully kill a nice ram. Price = $62k. Hunting Tiburon (also Seri land) is $95k. If I had it to do all over, I might opt for La Palmosa in Chihuahua. It's certainly expensive but if you want it, you find a way. I've tried to draw a desert tag for 30+ years in AZ, NV, UT, NM but cannot seem to get drawn. That's why I decided to go.

Also need to be careful with who you go with. There's outfitters such as sonoran outfitters that will scam you. There is a thing of illegal sheep hunts meaning you shoot a sheep on a ranch without a tag and it cannot be brought back into the states. Todd is known for selling people full 50k sheep hunts then not sending there horns and saying it got lost in transit. He actually was sued over it by one guy.

Just spent a week on the Seri land in Sonora...did not see but 8 small rams and bunch of ewes. Heading back for another week of hunting tomorrow to hopefully kill a nice ram. Price = $62k. Hunting Tiburon (also Seri land) is $95k. If I had it to do all over, I might opt for La Palmosa in Chihuahua. It's certainly expensive but if you want it, you find a way. I've tried to draw a desert tag for 30+ years in AZ, NV, UT, NM but cannot seem to get drawn. That's why I decided to go.
Who did you hunt with