Expander mandrel on primed brass?

@quandary & @MagnumManiac - How do you apply your graphite to case necks?
I use 21 Century Moly Powder. See pictures below. One of the containers has a "media", essentially #6 or #7 shot silica balls. You add the powder, other container is extra moly powder container. Close the lid and shake it. The powder is then dispersed within the media, lasts hundreds of rounds before you need to add new powder. Dip the case head neck into the media, tap the side of the jar case head down into the media and you are ready to go.

IMG_3279 (1).jpeg
IMG_3280.jpeg

I am going to try using an expander mandrel for the first time and I'm still new to reloading. I did a search in this forum and found a lot of good info. However, when someone asked: "The expander mandrel is the last step before seating the bullet?" and the reply was "Yes", that made me wonder whether I should take that statement literally since that didn't make sense to me. Wouldn't that be difficult with powder in the case since otherwise that would be the last step before seating?.
I have some primed brass and would like to use the expander (before proceeding with adding powder). Could there be pressure build-up when using the expander mandrel since the case is 'sealed' with the primer in place and wouldn't the mandrel actually create an air tight seal at the neck at the same time? Could that either cause the primer to pop out or loosen, and/or cause the case to bulge out?
have you went through this site a lot of info https://www.accurateshooter.com/technical-articles/reloading/complete-precision-case-prep/

Everyone has a favorite process, mine is:
Decap
Primer pocket clean
Resize
Mandrel
Clean / tumble
Light ID debur
Prime
Charge
Seat bullet

I prefer the brass clean of all lubes when I charge it, I want nothing foreign in the brass when I load it.
Reloaders are quirky and superstitious 😊

Good luck