EXO MNT K2 2000 VS 3500

Tracker12

I currently have an EXO K2 3500. I love the pack but feel like it is more pack than I need for my day hunts. Thinking for trying to find a used K2 2000 or K3 1800. Anyone use both and have cons to moving to a smaller pack. I will still have full meat packing capabilities.

I've been happy with Mystery Ranch, so I don't speak from experience specifically with the exo, however the sizes are all similar, and I can speak to that, since that's really what this is about.

Packs are just bags that carry your stuff. While there are special features in hunting specific packs, like meat hauling, they're still just bags for your stuff.

Since you know how you hunt, if you're saying it's too large, then it's probably too large.

Now, I wouldn't agree with that based off how I hunt. Because I hunt very remote western areas, even on a day hunt, I tend to climb excessive elevation, go through various forms of weather so I carry my layers, optics other than binos, as well as two meals because I'm out from before sunrise and usually I am walking back in the dark. Of course, I carry all the other stuff like kill kit, flash light, water filter and water container/s, etc.

So, for me, I tend to go no less than a 3800 pack. My typical hunts are bivy hunts, and that pack (Marshal) is like a 6200. That keeps me in the field for 5 to maybe 7 days.

Last edited:
Have both and the K2 2000 is my daypack.The way they expand out at top makes them larger, and I use to run safari sling so I ran no lid.Switched to gun bearer which I like so far, ran for a season and this spring.If I'm in real thick grizzly stuff still prefer sling and front carry, its just right there.I can easily do a weekend bivy with pack, and you still have meat haul, and a stout pack.For ultra lite I run a Kuiu 1800 ultra, when its hot during archery.when cooler, I always pack my puffy too
IMG_4051.jpeg