EXO K2 or Something Newer

beefdip

Hey everyone question for the group. Pretty new to backpacking. Started coyote this winter with a Eblerstock Gunslinger. Day trips walking from stand to stand. I have always wanted to get into backpacking camping and hunting so I am planning a 5-7 day elk hunt this fall. I will be going out for some day, 1-2 overnight trips over the summer as well. Anyway, I have a line on used K2 5500 pack with some extra goodies for decent price ($700 CAD). Comes with the larger hip belt (I am a big guy), a dry bag, 2 hip belt pouches, and the crib loading panel. I have used my Gunslinger lots and really like it but I need something bigger. My question to those with some experience with packs is it worth getting a EXO K2 over something new like the new Metcalf ($850) or new Team Elk pack ($750)? I don't have a lot options where I live to try anything on before I buy.

I switched from an older team elk to the K4 during Exo's late fall sale. Night and day difference. Had it out shed hunting loaded up testing it lately, great fit compared to other name brands I've worn, worth the money hands down so far. Keeps the load close on your back, great fit, rides the hips well.

I have tried a bunch of different packs over the years.

Currently have a K3 4800 and a Stone Glacier 7900.

If I were in the market for a new pack, K4 all the way! đź‘Ť