Ever find a shotgun while hunting?

marksman1941

My little cousin was chasing pheasant this morning and stumbled across this in a heavily trafficked public hunt area. I'm curious how often this happens? I feel like camo shotguns are especially susceptible to this.

Attachments

• image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 13
My little cousin was chasing pheasant this morning and stumbled across this in a heavily trafficked public hunt area. I'm curious how often this happens? I feel like camo shotguns are especially susceptible to this.

I sold a shotgun at work the other day to an older fellow who needed a new one because "I left my old one up against a tree somewhere and never saw it again". Alarming, funny, and unfortunate all at once.

That dude exemplified some life goals for me tho haha…old Indigenous grampa hunter who was just excited as could be that he was gonna go duck hunting with his kids and grandkids! his ID showed he was born 1943, I hope that when I'm his age, if the Lord sees fit to let me get that old, I'm out duck hunting with my kids and their kids too. It was awesome, just wanted the cheapest break action single shot we had but those kind of gun sales honestly feel like more of a win for me than the big money ones (especially cuz I don't work on commission 🤣)

I sold a shotgun at work the other day to an older fellow who needed a new one because "I left my old one up against a tree somewhere and never saw it again". Alarming, funny, and unfortunate all at once.

That dude exemplified some life goals for me tho haha…old Indigenous grampa hunter who was just excited as could be that he was gonna go duck hunting with his kids and grandkids! his ID showed he was born 1943, I hope that when I'm his age, if the Lord sees fit to let me get that old, I'm out duck hunting with my kids and their kids too. It was awesome, just wanted the cheapest break action single shot we had but those kind of gun sales honestly feel like more of a win for me than the big money ones (especially cuz I don't work on commission 🤣)
That's a bit of a dichotomy isn't it? Worrisome that someone can straight up lose a gun like that, but awesome to see him so excited about going hunting

That's a bit of a dichotomy isn't it? Worrisome that someone can straight up lose a gun like that, but awesome to see him so excited about going hunting

I had to go check my safe to make sure my shotgun was still in there! 🤣. Upon closer inspection, the gun you found appears to be a Benelli Nova, mine is the Supernova (just the comfortech stock and a bigger trigger guard I think is about all the difference). But this looked awful familiar AND I've had this exact nightmare haha, giving me of all people a CAMOUFLAGED gun….yikes…

I found an old 1930's vintage Winchester 30-30 in Colorado while elk hunting in 1987. It was rusty and the wood was all curly and split. The action was open and there was live ammo in it. I mentioned it to a game warden and he said he knows an old rancher in the area who had a ranch hand lose one of his rifles off a horse in the 1940's. The rancher still had the serial number and it was a match. I gave the rancher his rifle back and he gave me lifetime permission to hunt on his ranch whenever I wanted. Although I never went back to hunt, the look on his weathered face when he held the rifle again was priceless.

I found an old 1930's vintage Winchester 30-30 in Colorado while elk hunting in 1987. It was rusty and the wood was all curly and split. The action was open and there was live ammo in it. I mentioned it to a game warden and he said he knows an old rancher in the area who had a ranch hand lose one of his rifles off a horse in the 1940's. The rancher still had the serial number and it was a match. I gave the rancher his rifle back and he gave me lifetime permission to hunt on his ranch whenever I wanted. Although I never went back to hunt, the look on his weathered face when he held the rifle again was priceless.
That's a great story! I am glad he got his rifle back after all those years