Eberlestock X1 Pack

DONTSTROKEME

My pictures never seem to work correctly....so if any one can fix them I would really appreciate it or the way to do it right.

FIRST OFF!!!This is sunday and our house is a mess but my wife hates to clean and this is how I do laundry...wash it and put it on the couch...also don't make fun of my Acorn Slippers, they are awesome.

100_0181.jpg

100_0187.jpg

I bought this pack because my daypack was only big enough to carry what I needed to clean an animal. This one holds enough for me to be out over night in decent weather, Plus it can hold my layers as I peel them off, and carries the rifle or a bow. I bought it at Sportsman's Wearhouse for $99.99. I tried to see how it held a 26" barreled rifle at the store before I bought it but with nothing in it the pack didn't hold it real well. I made a buckle on the top grab handle to clip around the rifle stock, for when the going gets rough and quick down the hill. When you fill the pack the rifle stays put alot better. (I filled mine with clean laundry!)
100_0182.jpg

It also has lots of room for a spotting scope on the side of the scabbard.
100_0188.jpg

The scabbard bottom folds up into the bottom of the pack if you don't need it.

It also is a pretty good rest, there is a plastic sort of frame in the back section that holds up pretty well, for sitting and for prone.
100_0185.jpg

100_0186.jpg

I have heard lots of bad things about the fit of these packs, but I am 6'9" and 280lbs. And I like the way it rides on me so I am thinking that it will fit most people.

I will let you all know how it packs.

Joe Oakes

OK here is how to do it

You need to delete all numbers and characters after "jpg" for each image.

It may be that you have the [image] at the start and end also. When you paste in the "image" block you should not be able to see [image] at the beginning and end.

If you do not understand my instructions then you will understand why nobody pays me to write instructions for a living /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DSM
YES, you are big!! J?K

The complaint from most is the waist belt. Most packs with a "hip" belt transfer the weight of the pack to your HIP!!
My eberlestock waist belt is above my "love handles" (Just like yours) NOT on my HIP!! thats the complaint and it is a valid complaint. I still love mine and use it alot, I was to dumb to know the belt was not in the right place! LOL
I think the belt stableizes the pack more than trans fer weight! I don't over load mine just use it as a day pack.

CAM

I appreciate the pics and write up.

I've been studying their packs and couldn't decide on which to get, until now. Thanks.

Who took the pics? You wife or your huntin' buddy Mungus? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roy,

Better take a good long look at the Mystrey Ranch NICE system before you buy a pack. Can be used as a freighter, or attach a bag of your liking and have a pack. Lots of spec op people going to this system. Spendy but out of the world quality. So versatile and modular it's hard to beat.

Getting mine in a few months.

Good review-- I have had my X1 for a short time and really enjoy its flexability. My rifle (24" barrel) fits very well.

Here's my thoughts on the x-1 eberlestock.

If you look at a side profile of a person the middle of your back and your butt stick out.
The inward curvature of your lower back gets spanned/bridged over b/c the rifle is pulled against the middle of your back and against your butt.
So the pack does not ride close enough to the your body -the more you put in it the more it pulls you over backwards.

Mine is good for pred calling and overnighters but if you start loading it up the rifle stays in hand.
I'm going to get a kifaru gunbearer and try it.

Roy, get a Kifaru. There's one that will work for you and having the gun at hand in front of you is so much faster and anatomically better for you than what Eberlestock does. I don't have the time to go into the whole discourse--see below link--, but from what I've seen Eberlestocks don't hold a candle to Kifaru unless you want to use Eberlestocks 'sniper mat' and play sniper. Just my opinion.

http://tinyurl.com/26mfsv

Ric ,

The kifaru's are gauranteed for life to the original owner.I have a hard time coughing up the money for a kifaru or mystery ranch but that day is coming.
I don't remember ever buying anything that was -top of the line- and regretting it that's for sure.

I am sure the eberlestock packs were tested properly. they are made in Idaho and the owner of the company hunts quite a bit. I have been using the just one pack for a couple of years and im impressed so far. It does work great to shoot off of, packs all my gear and still has room to pack out game. The only thing i dont like about mine is if its full of meat/gear the gun wont be going in or coming out of the scabbard without a bit of work. It is nice to put your gun in the pack while hiking out. I dont hunt with it in there thats for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.