Durability of Leupold internals?

Maybe some clarification to that statement. Sabbatical in hell???

Sabbatical: as in took some time-off…….. hell: as in retired but "NOT" enjoying it! Can't even draw a cow/calf license……5th year now! 🤬 Only thing to look forward to is work around the house……that ain't enjoyable! 🤬

I'll survive this year, and maybe next year will be different! 😉 memtb

Hang in there brother, I'll prescribe for you 4 doses of H&H recoil weekly - should have you back on track in 4-6 weeks 💪

i tried to retire in 2007, but that didn't go well for me 🤣

Still grinding (but just part time)

Thanks! I have 40 rounds of 250 grain TTSX's to "burn-up"……freeing-up cases for my new 270 LRX loads.

I hope that you can actually get retired and do some of the things that most of us have put on that "bucket list"! It's getting pretty depressing watching the months/years go by and "not" scratching off anything on the list! ☹️

As I said, maybe next year! Hell……I might even get to shoo5 something with those 270 grain LRX's! 😁 memtb

Sabbatical: as in took some time-off…….. hell: as in retired but "NOT" enjoying it! Can't even draw a cow/calf license……5th year now! 🤬 Only thing to look forward to is work around the house……that ain't enjoyable! 🤬

I'll survive this year, and maybe next year will be different! 😉 memtb
The last time I drew an antelope tag was in 2011 and the last mule deer tag was 4 years ago! I'm retired too and have decided to break into coyote hunting to cure my hunting itch! I live west of the Cascades and was planning on going east of the Cascades in September for coyotes but may have to postpone it if the fire danger is still high -- but looking forward to it!

The last time I drew an antelope tag was in 2011 and the last mule deer tag was 4 years ago! I'm retired too and have decided to break into coyote hunting to cure my hunting itch! I live west of the Cascades and was planning on going east of the Cascades in September for coyotes but may have to postpone it if the fire danger is still high -- but looking forward to it!

That's a thought. Maybe once I prove or disprove the quality of my Leupold…….maybe I'll try to do some coyote calling once were have a little snow on the ground! Might as well use those 250 TTSX's for something! 🙂 memtb

I know it's a long way, but if you can show up around my house in November or December. Non residents license is easy to get. I'll see get a cooler full of Alabama white tail meat. These are showing up in my front yard every night.

Attachments

• 868032064699295-60-3-06082024230420-W1006348.jpg
    868032064699295-60-3-06082024230420-W1006348.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 22
I trust them all equally I'll say that.

But if you're shooting 100 yards at a 10 inch target yeah it's fine

I know it's a long way, but if you can show up around my house in November or December. Non residents license is easy to get. I'll see get a cooler full of Alabama white tail meat. These are showing up in my front yard every night.

Thanks for the very generous offer, that would be awesome, but not really doable. But, the offer means a heck of a lot! Thanks! memtb

You're lucky like me! I beat the dogsnot out of mine! All of them. Drag'em through brush, side by sides over rough rocky roads. I don't know how many times it's fallen out of the back cab onto the door panel or ground. Probably in the teens. Slips and falls, strapped to a backpack or horse and I still haven't had a single problem. I just had it out and leaning against the pick up and the dang dog chased a chicken knocking my rifle onto the the concrete driveway. Still dead nuts zero. Some of us are just lucky like that. Oh I forgot I have another VX-R Patrol on my new 25-06. Someday I'm gonna have to buy a whole bunch of new scopes. Got $10k in Leupold scopes just living on borrowed time.
I witnessed several leupolds yesterday get dialed and make impacts out to 800 yards from vx freedoms to vx6 s and all worked flawlessly.

I've had to send several different brands back of scopes back to the factory for warranty repair over forty plus years. Those include some high $$$$ names. Two European brands and couple of made in Asia. Vortex, leupold, night force, Stiner and Swarovski. Every one of them was damaged by ME!!! All of them either repaired or replaced them. Only one manufacturer caused me any concern. Swarovski, what a pain to deal with. I decided then not to buy another one. Majority of my scopes are built in the USA. Bash leupold all you want. I'll stick with them.

Last edited:
Well, we put ourselves in harms way and dialed the VX3i scope to 505, then back to zero, got a tad closer dialed back to 490, ok still no shot, put it back to zero. We'll try another day. We backed out and circled around the ridge got to 373 yds. Dialed again and my wife's 280 AI barked. Perfect heart shot and buck went all 4 feet up in the air. Leupold CDS worked again! We got a nice blacktail buck and our little daughter was happy as can be.

Attachments

• 20240817_204302~2.jpg
    20240817_204302~2.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240817_202438.jpg
    20240817_202438.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 40