Durability of Leupold internals?

Hespco

I have several Leupold VX freedom scopes. When you purchase a higher grade Leupold are you getting stronger internal durability than the VX Freedom, or just better glass. Is internal durability equal across the grades?

I don't think durability is equal across all price points. Seems like the Mark 5 and the VX6 are fairly solid then they diminish pretty quickly after that. I've had a VX5 and it's ok. VX3i are meh. So on and so forth...

I have several Leupold VX freedom scopes. That is awesome! When you purchase a higher grade Leupold are you getting stronger internal durability than the VX Freedom, I would expect so, likely a question better answered by Leupold! Doubtful many on this forum have disassembled many to check materials etc. or just better glass. I would expect much better glass, but the Freedom line looks nice though. Is internal durability equal across the grades? I would not expect it to be, again a question for Leupold as nobody likely has disassembled the various scopes to give a legitimate assessment. Also, I would not expect a Chevrolet Colorado to be as durable as a Chevrolet HD3500, but in its intended application still a viable option for some. I can only speak from personal experience, never owned a Freedom, have owned many VXIs, VXIIs, VXIIIs, VX3i's, MK4s, MK5s etc. over a period of my life. Never a failure with the exception of 1 silver one that had a small spec of silver flake off inside, and Leupold cleaned promptly. I also own 1 USA made US Optic B-25, again not a problem at all. I have acquired some Zeiss scopes through the years and never a problem, though hardly used, I guess I still have one a .22LR.

I realize this thread was likely started as a Leupold bash by the open-ended questions for the spread of propaganda, if not please accept my apology.
I purchase Leupold because they are a USA company, very high-quality optic.

Regards

I've had 3 Leupolds fail for "erector failures" and one VX3 with target turrets fail on "parallax adjustment".
I've had one Zeiss V4 fail on parallax adjustment.
Seems no one but me has had this kind of luck but I'm just taking the hits for the team!
Warranty is great but failures doesn't make one feel too confident when it's critical.

Seems no one but me has had this kind of luck but I'm just taking the hits for the team!
You aren't the Lone Ranger LOL!

I've had better luck with the Mark 4's, and still have others, but yeah issues exist warranty good, but not perfect. I've had them return with the same issue they were sent in with.p

In the 70's it was Redfield for the Rizzo's.
80's and some of the 90's was Leupold, generallly speaking. It was a known fact and common procedure to return Vari X-2 and 3 with a short note and you would get a brand new one in return. No hassle, no explanation. Excellent customer service by an American company, and also an honest admission of quality/durability issues!
Since then I've been a rabid NF user. 😁.

Early in my shooting career we were all using the "golden ring" scopes and I had the same experience with a lot of the Vari-X II or III I've had. The usual problem was tracking accuracy and repeatability. The last straw for me was sending them back to the factory and having them return with the same problem. I solved the problem by switching to Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski, and Schmidt and Bender. More money perhaps, but precious time, wasted effort, ammo, and components sealed the deal for me. Even the entry level scopes from the manufacturers I mentioned NEVER had this problem. What saddened me the most was trying to buy American and walking away without satisfaction. The market was theirs to lose, and lose it they did. Maybe they're better now, but I'll never know. The ones I switched to are still shining. As far as American scopes, I've had better luck with Burris.

My VX6 erector failed twice before I switched to NF. I do have a Mark V that hasn't failed yet.
I would like to see the internals comparison. You would think leupold would upgrade materials and size for erector screw and followers and lube. In volume the cost should be small

I have an old VX-3 2.5-8x36, in silver color. I thought about using it on my 375 RUM, weight maybe 9 pounds.
Leupold told me it would work great, but I can't help but wonder about the kick on that rifle...............................

I suspect a lot of failure is due to crappy rings and installation errors. Misaligned ring,over tightened rings. I've seen guys use socket drivers with hex heads twist until they couldn't twist any harder,then try harder.I'm sure that is great for erector tubes. I'm not bashing anymore here, just my observations over the years.