DRW match December 7th 2013!

minute of elk

71436E39_zps58f58117.jpg

The first two were loads of fun & we learned good things, so we're doing it again in December!

For those of you who made it to one (or both) of our previous matches, we'd like feedback on what you liked, and what you'd change.

Do you want teams?

Time changes?

A dynamic course?

What else?

Please let us know! And of course please attend! I'm working on putting together a prize table for this one (had to prove we could make the match work first). Anyone wishing to add to the prize table is welcome too ;).

We'll get details on here & demarayrifleworks.com as they come together.

Thanks,
Rob & Glen

Re: DRW match December 12th 2013!

Awesome looking forward to it. A know your limits rack would be a good addition along with a pistol/ rifle station. You meant december 14th saturday not the 12th a thursday right?

Thanks for putting this on guys, it's really nice to have some local field shoots.

Speaking only for myself, my preferences would be:

Not team based

Tighter time restrictions and more time restriction enforcement/emphasis

More dynamic/varied stages and shooting positions (multiple shooting positions per stage, possibly with some distance to cover in between, I like the one's that require other than bipod/prone to mix things up)

Also, if you need a hand, I'm willing to help with setup and the like if my schedule works out.

Carl Ross

The above sounds good if you want to split up into two groups, beginner and advanced. I dont think a new shooter will have much fun floundering through movement, positional shooting, and a leaner time allowance.

Carl, you know what i mean, you watched the guy i brought flounder most of the day.

Agreed.

I was speaking only for what I would personally favor in a match, not how I would necessarily set up an all experience level match.

Carl

Good example. If you're still working on fundamentals like he was, you certainly don't need additional complication or stressors.

Once you've got a handle on them though, I like that it gives you a reason to practice things other than slow fire from bipod/prone trying to get the last teenth of accuracy out of your rifle.

I think you could make a decent beginner/experienced differential just with different time allowances. That would still allow everyone to shoot together on the same COF.

Agreed, I am all for it. I would like to see an entire station shot from a non supported high power positional format, offhand, sitting, and prone with sling only.

A vehicle station shot from inside and outside the vehicle, the jordan boys are pretty good at that scenario, ha!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.