Does Positive Compensation exist @ 600yrds?

The way I've heard people do it is shoot a ladder test at 100 yards and see where slower projectiles begin to climb on target. You want to be some where in the middle velocity of a few shots that climb on target.

Positive comp is extremely hard to see inside 300yrds IMO.

Here is an older target that was shot at 100yrds it may be similar to an OCW test. You can actually see the sine wave and the possibility of PC in the 51.2-51.8 area.

1713445950621.jpeg

I learn something everyday on this forum. I am not sure if I can put much of the stuff in practice in my shooting, but knowledge is a good thing. Measuring harmonics of a barrel and tuning the load to achieve repeatable/consistent results is the holy grail of precision shooting. I personally need to focus on biggest variable and in my case that is the nut behind the trigger.
Thanks for sharing the info.

In theory it should work at every distance. The idea is that a slower bullet is launched higher due to the muzzle being slightly angled up more so the slower bullet will have a higher arc
Yep, got that part. In the video and the paper I found both reference specific yardage for the barrel tune.