Do I Shoot Him Or Not?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I got this picture on tuesday morning. this is the same buck i got my last pic of but obviously you can see him better here. He looks to only be a 4x3 but he is amazingly tall for this area. My question is do i shoot him or not. I dont really shoot bucks that i am not planning on doing a mount of some sort with and while he wouldnt score great I am kind of a sucker for the odd looking deer. Tell me what you all think

deerpic018.jpg

Ill come shoot him for you! but remember Ill have to charge you a small fee!

Learch I grew up in the south have killed evrything from 2 inch spikes to
(160 class) 10 pnts....and does.......THEY ALL TASTE THE SAME!

More serious he is tall whats wrong with mounting a tall rack other than you have to put the nail lower on the wall to keep him fron hitting the ceiling? He is what the good lord offered you this year!

ID BUST HIS #$%!

I'm not so sure he'll get bigger. He probably has some misfit genes that produced that rack. I don't think it will ever turn into a typical rack.

I am thinking he is around 5 yrs old so i dont know how much bigger he is gonna get. I am thinkin the miss fit gene idea as well, most likely he comes out when i am around and he will be getting a 169.5 wildcat tossed at him pretty hard!! Here is another buck that i am definantly hoping will live for another year or two, i think he shows some decent promise. How old do you all think he is, 3.5yrs????
deerpic028.jpg

deerpic026.jpg

I think that buck does show some promise. He might even be younger than that, maybe just 2 1/2 years old. Its no more than a guess though with pictures. How big is he compared to the average doe?

AJ

Im no expert but more like 2.0-2.5 max.....first pic is deceving with his ears kicked back like that makes his nose look long but he's what 14-16 inches wide? depends on which pic you look at! No war wounds nice coat he's young!
Your right on with him Id hope to keep him around for 2 more years then have another look.

Back to the first one.......can you say 7pnt?....you say it like this..."seevvben point"(he could be a 8)! Less you westerners can only use one set of fingers to count with at a time! Yall kill me with that! 4x4(thats a truck with a front axle).........THIS WAS A JOKE I DONT WANNA HEAR IT! IF IT OFENDED ANY OF YOU!

AJ had it right though eat that joker, add him to the pile or at least nail em to the barn wall!

Id say 180-200 lbs.....225 absolute max on deer #2

He's a 7 pointer Nyles, thats how we say it around here to, LOL, just seems like more people around here say it the other way. Yea that other buck looks alot older in that one pic but in the other one and several others i have of him you can really get a idea of how young he is.

Nyles i swear that is hilarious you calling me on that, I new a guy in college that was from up north and when we got talking about deer he used to get so ****ed cause he couldnt figure what the hell a 9 point was!!!!

Lerch:
In a way you answered your own question. "I am kinda a sucker for the odd looking deer". Shoot him.
1kstr

I would have to say....wait till you get him in your scope and try not to pull the trigger. I'm with you on the "different" look. Year before last I had the same dilema, had a tall 4X2 at <50yards twice(and once at 500) and turned him down. Last season shot him, he is a 5X6 hanging on my wall under his big brother from a few years ago. Kinda weird, the older I get the pickier I get. If when you see him in person you believe him to an older deer I would take him, or better yet let one of my children....would be a nice first buck for a youngster.

+1 He's not more than 2.5 Years Old.

Problem with letting him go is that someone else might not!

but if you don't let him go, i promise you he will not get any bigger. if you're going to hunt horns let them walk. if you a meat hunter shoot a doe.

most deer don't get enough age on them to show what they can become. the ones that do and stay small need some help in the nutrition department. very seldom does it have to do with genetics. most of the time given the right diet and some age (5.5/6.5) years the bucks will shock you of what you had in your herd.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.