Dam Elk!!

gamedog

Here's something you don't see every day. Well, maybe in Montana:D
bull2-1.jpg

bull4.jpg

bull3.jpg

Wow! Hurry, you might be able to get a crop damage permit ;).

"Really officer, he was eating my flowers and absolutely would NOT stay off the grass!"

I'd put either of those larger ones on the wall.

When were the pics taken? They should be chasing cows by now and that velvet should be rubbed.

AJ

My wifes cousin sent them over last month . Taken near Helena MT.

Don't look too spooky in the pict's.

With bow season opening last Saturday, I'm betting there back to their old elusive self:rolleyes:

With bow season opening last Saturday, I'm betting there back to their old elusive self:rolleyes:

Based on my experience with Elk, they'd have been last seen Friday evening drinking out of Fido's bowl. They won't be seen again until the last late season is finished!

AJ

I've got him hobbled up in the back yard Broz.
You might bring your stick and string. I think the 338 Lapua may have some pass through issues:D

Last edited:
Well they sure are more polite in MT
The ones I get at my place in AZ
tear up my apple trees and leave marbles everywhere:(

Great pictures and thanks for sharing

Mike

Real nice shots.

Be careful with those deer, it's a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

Look beautiful though.

Those deer and their ancestors have been getting hand feed for many years. My huntin buddy from Mn use to raise Deer and elk so I was quick to caution everyone about the hazards....Like they listened :confused: They may look like Bamby but a front hoof can cut like a knife, the bucks are MUCH stronger than they look and know how to use the hardware on their head!! Not to mention the deer ticks and other parasites.
One thing I noticed while looking threw the pics though, The friendlier the deer the worse shape they where in? The first pick is a shy doe and fawn that would not get too close to us, she had a LOT better coat and fat reserve than the ones in the second pic.
DBvisit%20071.jpg

DBvisitdan%20108.jpg

Helena has been having a lot of wildlife "issues" This week, FWP is trapping and "euthanizing" 50 mule deer from the city limits. Actually, a number of towns here in MT are having urban hunts of one kind or another. Ft. Benton is another one with mulie problems.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts