• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED CZ 527 American 204 Ruger w/Vortex Viper 4-12x40

IAshooter

Testing the waters here. I have a very nice CZ 527 American in 204 Ruger I acquired last year. I am the second owner. 1st owner supposedly didn't shoot it hardly at all, less than 2 boxes of ammo per the info I was given. It was professionally bedded by the original owner and has a very nice light/crisp set trigger, but the regular trigger does have a little bit of creep in it, which seems common with these rifles. It has one noticeable rub in the stock on the front left side of the stock but the rest of the stock is in pretty good condition (see pics). I have shot a total of 11 rounds through it since I got it to sight in the new Vortex Viper 4-12X40 PA BDC I put on it and shoot a couple 3 shot groups (see pics) and 1 unfortunate groundhog met it's demise with this gun while I've had it. Reason for selling is mainly due to the current value of these rifles, especially on Gunbroker, and the fact I have two 20 Practical rifles.

I am asking $1150 OBO shipped/insured to an FFL from private for the rifle with the Vortex Viper on it, or $900 OBO w/o the scope but with the rings included. Add $40 if I have to ship from FFL to FFL. It will ship inside a padded hard case that is in the pics. A USPS money order would be the preferred method of payment. Thanks for looking.

I would also entertain a nice scope in/towards trade. I'm partial to Vortex. I would be looking for something like a Vortex Gen 2 Viper in 20-25 power in MOA. I might consider a Vortex Strike Eagle or Venom 5-25 or something similar in Burris or Leupold or ? with a nice christmas tree type reticle? PM me any trade considerations. Thanks.

CZ 527 204R 1.jpg

CZ 527 204R 2.jpg

CZ 527 204R 3.jpg

CZ 527 204R 4.jpg

CZ 527 204R 5.jpg

Vortex Viper 4-12x40.jpg

Last edited:
It's an extremely accurate rifle and with 29.6 grains AA2520 and 39 grain SBK bullets it is a heck of a coyote thumper, knocks the life right out of them! This load is 1/2" or smaller in my CZ