CWD Now can Infect Humans.

This is a study that seems to tell more of the story as to why this may be an anomaly and garner more attention. Having read this, I do believe there is more to the story and if all of these cases in a relatively short time and close geographic location have indeed consumed CWD positive deer meat there might really be some concern. If we were to start hearing about it from younger hunters then there might be a reason to be worried as I believe that was the reason Mad Cow disease was a problem. I can't really remember all of the specifics about all of this. I did write a pretty lengthy paper on it in 2006 though.

I just remembered something. My cousin from northern IL used to come to MO to deer hunt. He also went to a friends in WI to deer hunt.
WI had CWD bad. If he was lucky he would see a few deer every day in MO. He would see upwards of 150 to 200 a day in WI go by his stand.
I have heard WI hunters say that they decimated their herd for no reason. Many of us are speculating about hot pocket areas and what to do if it gets to me. I know that for about 25 years in WI many have just continued to hunt and carry on with their life with no change.