Custom Turret Band

khmplus

I made this turret band for my scope, with yardages (black numbers) and mils (red numbers). This should allow a relatively quick process of range, dial, shoot, up to at least 500 yards under most conditions. The mil numbers are still available for tighter calculations at very long ranges and off normal conditions. Made using Microsoft Publisher, HP laser printer, vinyl laser printable sticker paper.
IMG_5736.jpeg

I made this turret band for my scope, with yardages (black numbers) and mils (red numbers). This should allow a relatively quick process of range, dial, shoot, up to at least 500 yards under most conditions. The mil numbers are still available for tighter calculations at very long ranges and off normal conditions. Made using Microsoft Publisher, HP laser printer, vinyl laser printable sticker paper. View attachment 600704
Really nice job!

My eyes have changed so much over the last year that I've considered doing a label like this just to get a white background with large numbers on it.

How did you get the spacing right?
MK machine make a magnifying glass that mounts on your scope for old eyes to see your dial up turret. I love mine

Very very nice! Any interest in going into business with that prototype?
Haven't thought too much about it but it might be worth a shot (pun intended). With the software and tools I have now, it would be pretty labor intensive to develop bands for different scope brands.

My eyes have changed so much over the last year that I've considered doing a label like this just to get a white background with large numbers on it.

How did you get the spacing right?
I measured the turret diameter with a calipers, them multiplied by pi to get the circumference. When the band was laid out in the software, it was easy to scale it to fine tune the total length to exactly match the original marks.

I'm to lazy to mess around with that. I just print out a mini dope card and tape it to the scope body

Impressive - from an olde computer guy.

I did something sort of like that. I stuck a strips of white Gorilla tape over the windage numbers on my Sightron STAC scopes and used a needle point marking pen to write numbers like.... -3L, -2L, -1L 0 +1R +2R +3R, ... for MOA, instead of 0, 1, 2, 3.....13,14. I then marked click stops between numbers and finally covered everything with clear plastic tape.

Looks like a dive into M-S publisher to run on my ink jet printer. The tape might prevent the paper from dissolving upon being soaked.

M-S publisher probably could not make a zero stop.

Last edited: