• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale Custom .300 SAUM CF

.300 Dakota

Specs:
Kelbly Atlas Lite long action
20" Benchmark CF Sendero contour 1:10
Ultralight Ghost brake 3-port flat top
Hawkins Precision M5 Hunter DBM
(With 1 magazine - not pictured)
Kelbly lightweight Pic rail (not pictured)
Pure Precision (AG Composites) CF stock
Bix'n Andy TacSport Pro-X trigger/Gator shoe

Features:
Dual pillar and epoxy bedded
Trigger set under 1 pound; externally adjustable
All barrel/brake work & Cerakoting of same by. Blue Mountain Precision
Headspace/torque verified
Round count: 0
Weight: 6 lbs 12oz as pictured
Perfect balance

Extras:
Pic rail and Hawkins Hunter 3rd LA UM magazine
100 pieces of Virginia Norma brass
Free shipping to your FFL (brass TYD)

Price: $4400 out the door (unless you require FFL TO FFL transfer)

Discussion:
This design was 2 years in planning. It was to be an answer for cumbersome climbing and negotiation of thick brush that "normal" "lightweight" rifles just couldn't solve. This with enough power and range to drop even larger critters at any sensible (for me) distance. All this but not so overwhelming in power that it couldn't be tamed with a good brake on a lightweight platform. I have a fairly lightweight 6.5 SAUM with this same long action and stock. It has a 25" barrel plus brake and weighs about 3/4 lb more. The difference in the feel of the two are night and day. This is my 3rd Kelbly Atlas Lite LA, and the other 2 are single-hole guns - the last being machined by Blue Mountain, also. I was initially concerned about feeding from the Hunter Ultra Mag magazine when I had the 6.5 built, but it performed flawlessly this past season. I wasn't worried about feeding issues simply moving up to .30 caliber since the 6.5 has basically the same throat length as the .300 here.

This is, no doubt, the nicest/best/all around rifle I've ever built or owned, and I've had hundreds over the years. I'm sickened by the notion of parting with it before I've even shot it. Haven't had time to load and go to the range and the heat is way too bad for load work up for deer hunting. It's one of my all-time favorite cartridges. Selling because work has slowed way down and will remain so for the foreseeable future and we've had some major emergency-type expenses arise. Already tapped out on loans and 401k and not willing to charge up the last couple credit cards again. Trying to avoid financial ruin, in other words. I can ship the brass to your door and the rifle to a valid FFL dealer for which I will need a copy of their license emailed in exchange for a copy of my DL. Won't worry myself with possible ramifications of shipping to places like CA, NY, NJ, MA, DC, IL, AK, HI, and possibly others in the northeast down as far as Maryland. (Or anywhere subjecting their citizens to Executive Orders prohibiting otherwise legal transfer of firearms.) If you have to have a special credential to own/purchase a firearm that I'm suppose to be aware of, this isn't for you. If you require FFL to FFL, there will be an additional $40 fee and delivery will be delayed up to 2 weeks OR MORE. Otherwise, the price is $4400 that can be mailed in certified funds (Priority preferred - FYI, no one is at home during business hours to sign for delivery) or 5 separate Postal money orders. By certified funds, I don't mean a money order issued by your bank. Forgery on those is too easy. If our banks are agreeable, we may could do a bank to bank transfer, but that doesn't include Western Union. Any forms of payment other than Postal money orders or certified funds sent as hard copies will be cheerfully returned OR held for 14 business days for clearance prior ro shipping. This is the part of selling I hate other than getting rid of a treasured piece. If you are close enough, we could meet FTF, but if you reside outside MS, I would still have to meet you at an FFL dealer and hand the rifle over to him to complete your 4473 and background check. I do NOT do instant cash apps or Crypto of any kind.

Thanks for looking.
20240629_074212.jpg
20240629_074400.jpg
View attachment 582465
20240629_074245.jpg
20240629_074235.jpg
20240629_074255.jpg
20240629_074342.jpg
20240629_074418.jpg