• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED criterion remage prefit .284 win match for sale

vegas steve

i recently purchased two of these barrels from jim briggs. i shot one and liked it so well i purchased a second one so i could have the first one threaded for a brake and still be able to shoot while the first barrel was being machined.ends up i never really got to shoot this barrel much as i've been working alot and the threaded barrel came back pretty quick. the barrel for sale has only been properly broke in and around 75 rds fired thru it. shoots very well netting 1/4 moa groups with my first handloads tried thru it. specs are:28" long,1-9 twist,throated for 180 bergers,yet shoots 162 hornady match bullets extremely well.bull contour,1"at the muzzle, 275.00 shipped in the lower 48.

Attachments

• DSC01833.jpg
    DSC01833.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01834.jpg
    DSC01834.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01835.jpg
    DSC01835.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 13
i have decided to let go of my other criterion 284 barrel also,which is glass beaded and has a harrels spiral ported brake that was installed also by criterion.same price at 275.00 shipped.i have two more of the same type barrels comming that are chambered in 7 rem mag,so i won't be shooting the 284 barrels.

one price drop before ebay bound,250.00 each or 475.00 for the pair.only reason for selling is i have 2 magnum barrels on their way or they would stay.

How many rounds have been fired on the barrel with the brake?

I'm about 100 miles from Columbus, would you be willing to meet half way? Although, shipping the barrel would probably cost less than gas money.

the braked barrel has exactly 385 rds down the tube.loves the 162 hornady match bullets and sierra 168 matchkings. i haven't even had a chance to try anything heavier yet.metting half way is a possibility,but i would need some extra funds for gas.

I'll take the barrel without the brake pending a couple of questions.

pm on its way

one barrel sold.the remaining barrel has a harrels spiral port brake installed by criterion and also beadblasted. 250.00 shipped

the second barrel is going to ebay early next week for more money so get it while you can cheaper here.i also have two diesets,one a redding full length 284,and a very nice forster bench rest micrometer set,35.00 for the redding 80.00 for the forster.