Coyote hunting in Michigan

EE_Reloader

Been chasing and calling coyotes in Michigan for 3 seasons now, never shot one. Kind of half as**** it for the first couple seasons but I've gotten pretty serious about it this season. Been getting a lot more responses to my calls and earlier this week I was able to call my first one in. Believe it or not, he heard me click the safety off at 82 yards (my thermal has a range finder) and bailed quickly. I'm gonna keep at it. So with all that said, anyone having any success in Michigan? It would be cool to hear some good stories about success in the Midwest.

I found the best success hunting over bait piles. I would generally leave meat scrap and dog food popcicles out and would then call down wind of them. I generally leave them somewhere that I could see from a distance and scope out for incidental sniping. A lot of times a pack of coyotes would tie up the bait and fox or bobcat would hang out waiting for a chance to sneak in. They were generally susceptible to coming in to a call in those situations.

When you are calling rapid movements are one of your enemies' slower steady movements are your friend. Here in the open country that I live in I have followed coyote in my scope for several hundred yards as they came in. Too much volume is another problem for beginners, especially with the e-callers.