• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Cooper 280 AI with NF ATACR Package

slas

I've always loved the 280 AI round. Consider it the "all around" round for all I would ever hunt. I had grand ideas of putting together my idea rifle, building up a great load for it and then planning my escape to Elk country for one of those golden memories. I've now had the rifle over 3 years and have shot less than 50 rounds through it. I bought it, and the scope, from members on this site, after saving diligently for several years. I've now come to the realization that my escape is most likely not going to happen due to changes/issues that have happened in my life.

I have $4500 in the rifle ($2200), scope ($2200) and Peterson brass. I'm throwing in the die set and one bag of once fired Nosler for the package. I'm not planning on parting things out of the deal so please don't ask if I will sell the scope, brass or any other items separately. Please respect that this is just the way I prefer to do this. Weight as shown in 10.2 lbs. I'll split shipping. If any buyer of the package is also interested in other items, such as 7mm Nosler, Sierra and Berger bullets, we can discuss that also.

Attachments

• coop1.jpg
    coop1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 289
  • coop2.jpg
    coop2.jpg
    957.4 KB · Views: 282
  • coop3.jpg
    coop3.jpg
    976.3 KB · Views: 277
  • coop4.jpg
    coop4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Adding more brass and 7mm bullets to the deal. Pic to be posted tonight.

How many total rounds including the prior owner?
I can only go by what the previous owner told me. He said he bought the gun from a local shop in Alabama (I believe) where the gun appeared "like new". Said he put around 200 rounds through it, if my old memory serves me (he may see this post and correct me if I'm off on what he told me). Then my 50. All appeared in excellent shape from my initial exam with bore scope. That's the history I have on it. I could take some pics of bore if you're seriously considering it and wanted them.

I've always loved the 280 AI round. Consider it the "all around" round for all I would ever hunt. I had grand ideas of putting together my idea rifle, building up a great load for it and then planning my escape to Elk country for one of those golden memories. I've now had the rifle over 3 years and have shot less than 50 rounds through it. I bought it, and the scope, from members on this site, after saving diligently for several years. I've now come to the realization that my escape is most likely not going to happen due to changes/issues that have happened in my life.

I have $4500 in the rifle ($2200), scope ($2200) and Peterson brass. I'm throwing in the die set and one bag of once fired Nosler for the package. I'm not planning on parting things out of the deal so please don't ask if I will sell the scope, brass or any other items separately. Please respect that this is just the way I prefer to do this. Weight as shown in 10.2 lbs. I'll split shipping. If any buyer of the package is also interested in other items, such as 7mm Nosler, Sierra and Berger bullets, we can discuss that also.
Really nice and bet a real shooter. We had a model 22 with the same B&C stock..
GREAT price, cartridge, and rifle. This would cost you $3K++++ new from Cooper for just the rifle. Plus it has good glass on it (probably $2.5K for a NF)!
May have a few rounds down the tube, but you would do that breaking it in so you are set to go.
It's $6K +++ with everything.
Someone will get a deal and a nice Elk/Moose Killer!!!
GLWS
slas hope that you do get other rifles and get those dream hunts!!!
God Bless

I have a Cooper 52 in 6.5-284 and it shoots lights out. This is a good deal on a great gun and glass.