Compact thermal rigs

Thor 5 on a 16" 450 BM AR is my go to, but a Talion on an 8" 300 BLK AR is probably my smallest rig. Omega 300 and 200gn Makers subsonic expanders works well.

Thermion 2 XL 50 is currently on a Noreen 25-06 BN36 with a TBAC Ultra 5, it's great for inside a blind.

I messed around with an 8.6 BLK bolt action with a Thermion for a bit. The one hit I made was disappointing, and I haven't been back to it yet. But with the AB Suppressor it's compact and very quiet.
IMG_7191.jpg

Last edited:
How do you like that thermion? I keep bouncing around looking into thermal units. I go back and forth between the iray rh 25 and the bolt 50mm. Just not sure what the best option is. My goal is something short and light that I can suppress well. 308 out of a short barrel even suppressed isn't quite enough. I currently run a 16 in 300blk and that round does pretty good. I run Barnes ttsx and on smaller game it passes through but on those big hogs it won't. And if it's not a headshot I need follow up rounds.

I think the Thermion is worth every penny, especially the new one with double the resolution. Binos are top notch, and IMO you can get away with a lower quality scope inside 200 yards with thermal binos for scanning, and they work day/night both. But the Thor 5 holds up well with it's new sensor.

The 450 BM hasn't needed follow up shots yet, it makes a dang big hole the first time. Sub and supersonic loads can be made, same with the 8.6 BLK, and both suppress well for me. I was more familiar with the ATN LRF system because it was all in-scope (Pulsar is in an app), so it went on the rainbow trajectory gun:

IMG_7192.jpg

Last edited:
223 lightweight ar build, agm rattler 640, nomad ti.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240717_211444_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240717_211444_Gallery.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 31